Mark A. Feldman
Top rated construction litigation attorney in Los Angeles, CaliforniaFeldman & Associates, Inc.
Practice Areas: Construction litigation, Business litigation, Real estate
Licensed in California since: 1991
The president and founding partner of the Feldman & Associates, Inc., in Los Angeles, California, Mark A. Feldman represents clients throughout Los Angeles and Southern California. His practices areas are focused on:
- Construction litigation
- Business litigation
- Real estate litigation
- Prevailing wage litigation
- Public works
- Surety law
Graduating cum laude with a bachelor’s in economics and business from the University of California in 1987, Mr. Feldman went on to study law at the University of Southern California in 1990. The following year, he was licensed to practice in California and the U.S. District Courts for the Central, Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of California, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
A member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and The State Bar of California, Mr. Feldman is a licensed practitioner for more than three decades. He has a “Superb” rating on Avvo, and he has been 5 out of 5 peer-review rated as AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell for more than 20 years in a row; this is the highest rating standard for legal ability and ethical standards in the U.S.
Mr. Feldman has represented diverse individuals ranging from general contractors, subcontractors and material suppliers to architects and engineers. Born and raised in Los Angeles, California, he strives to contribute to his community by helping people with various legal issues, including breach of contracts, with an emphasis on public works construction. He shares his vast knowledge of the law with fellow attorneys via conferences and speaking engagements.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasConstruction litigation: business, Business litigation, Real estate: business
- 60% Construction litigation: business
- 20% Business litigation
- 20% Real estate: business
First Admitted: 1991, California
Professional Webpage: https://feldmanandassoc.com/attorney-profile-mark-feldman/
- AV Rated for 20 years in a row from 2000 to 2021, Martindale Hubbell AV Rating
- Super lawyer, 2012 – 2021
- 1991, California; 1991, U.S. District Court, Central, Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of California and U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Los Angeles County Bar Association; State Bar of California.
- Author: “Selecting an Entity for Acquiring and Holding Title to Property,” Real Estate Transactions, The Michie Company, 1993
- “California Mechanics’ Liens and Related Construction Remedies: Public and Private Projects,” Lorman Education Services Seminar, 2006
- “California Mechanics Lien Law Remedies – Why and How,” Lorman Education Services Seminar, 2005
- “Fundamentals of Construction Law,” Sterling Education Services, Seminar, 2004
- “Public Contracts and Procurement Regulations in California,” Lorman Education Services Seminar, 2003
- Panel Member: Building Industry Credit Association Seminar, “General Contractors: Recognizing, Making & Defending Against Claims,” 1994
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., Economics-Business, Cum Laude, 1987
- Represented mechanical subcontractor against a general contractor. The general contractor was seeking $30,000,000 from the mechanical subcontractor. The case settled and the general contractor agreed to pay $2,000,000 to the mechanical subcontractor., 2019
- Southern California Steel v. East West Bank (2012) WL 1571536
- G. Voskanian Construction v. Alhambra Unified School Dist. (2012) 204 Cal. App. 4th 981
- Othman v. Zions First National Bank (2012) WL 1593233
- USS Cal Builders v. Ennis (2011) WL 5138573
- Pearl v. Deitch (2007) WL 778867
- Begl Const. Co. vs. City of Los Angles (2003) WL 141480
- Mesa Forest Products, Inc. v. St. Paul Mercury Insurance Company (1999) 86 Cal. Rptr. 2d 398
- Surety and Real Estate
Office location for Mark A. Feldman
11030 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 109
Los Angeles, CA 90025
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2023