Michael J. Faber
Top rated employment litigation attorney in Los Angeles, CaliforniaAttorney at Law
Attorney Michael J. Faber is a sole practitioner who practices employment law in Los Angeles, California. Mr. Faber handles cases related to discrimination, harassment, whistleblower issues, wrongful termination and other employment law-related topics throughout Southern California.
After graduating from the University of California, Santa Barbara, Mr. Faber earned his law degree from Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law. While attending law school, he served as Note and Comment editor for the university’s Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology. Following law school, he worked for private Los Angeles-based law firms before starting his own employment law practice in 1987. He has been admitted to practice law in California since 1979.
Since he began practicing law, Mr. Faber has litigated and arbitrated a wide variety of cases in front of California state and appellate courts, as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit. Over the course of his career, he has tried over 40 jury trials, numerous bench trials and arbitrations, and has handled nearly 20 appeals and petitions in the state and federal courts.
Because of these accomplishments in the legal profession, Mr. Faber has earned the rating of AV Preeminent*, the highest possible rating, by the prominent peer review organization Martindale-Hubbell. He is also listed in the publication “The Best Lawyers in America.”
Outside of his law practice, Mr. Faber lectures at continuing legal education seminars on various employment law topics. He has also served on the faculty of the National Institute for Trial Advocacy.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEmployment litigation: plaintiff
Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation, Employment law - employer
- 100% Employment litigation: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1979, California
Professional Webpage: http://faberlaw.net/about/
- In 2020, in a case that took nearly two years to litigate, and against one of the largest and most prominent California law firms, Mr. Faber won a judgment of more than $950,000 against the Los Angeles County Fair Association. Mr. Faber's client, the Fair's former head of food and beverage, was falsely accused by the Fair's Chief Executive Officer of stealing two cases of wine. Mr. Faber not only proved the accusation was false, but, overcoming numerous legal obstacles, successfully held the Fair liable for defamation. The sizeable award included damages for lost earnings, emotional distress, and punitive damages. [Teig v. Los Angeles County Fair Association, Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. BC 715433.]
- In 2018, in a hotly contested legal malpractice action, Mr. Faber represented clients against their former defense attorneys, a national law firm. After three days of trial, the law firm settled for over $3 million.
- In 2016 and 2017, Mr. Faber successfully litigated a sexual harassment case in which his client fended off the advances of a company's senior executive. Despite four national law firms arrayed against him, he negotiated a pre-trial settlement in excess of $4 million.
- Martindale-Hubbell'AV® Preeminent' Rating for over 13 years
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Southern California Super Lawyer, Los Angeles Magazine, 2006-2019
- California Bar in 1979
- Note and Comment Editor on the Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology
- Faculty of the National Institute for Trial Advocacy
- Northwestern University School of Law, Juris Doctor cum laude, 1979
- University of California, Santa Barbara, Bachelor of Arts with High Honors
Office location for Michael J. Faber
12424 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2023