Top rated Employment Litigation attorney in Los Angeles, CaliforniaKesluk, Silverstein, Jacob & Morrison, P.C.
Practice Areas: Employment Litigation
Licensed in California since: 2004
Education: American University Washington College of Law
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
Kesluk, Silverstein, Jacob & Morrison, P.C.9255 Sunset Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90069 Visit website
As a named partner at the law offices of Kesluk, Silverstein & Jacob, P.C., in Los Angeles, California, Michael Jacob has distinguished himself with his dedication to advancing and preserving the rights of individual workers in all aspects of employment litigation. His knowledge of the law and robust litigation skills are put to use representing clients in multi-party class action lawsuits and individual court cases involving discrimination, retaliation, harassment, wrongful termination and wage and hour disputes.
Michael graduated from the University of Florida with a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, specializing in Global Business. While obtaining his law degree from American University’s Washington College of Law, Michael worked as a student attorney in the International Human Rights Clinic representing individuals seeking refugee status in the U.S. and workers petitioning for labor rights and union democracy along the U.S./Mexico border. During law school, Michael also worked as a law clerk for the Assistant General Counsel of the United States Agency for International Development (Latin American and Caribbean Affairs Division), the Law Library of Congress and was named a Marshall-Brennan Fellow, giving him the opportunity to teach Constitutional Literacy and coach his students to the finals of the National High School Moot Court competition.
In the past few years, Michael has received considerable recognition for his legal achievement. In 2012, Michael received a Commendation for outstanding accomplishment from the Mayor of the City of Lancaster.
In 2013, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA) selected Michael as one of five finalists for its Rising Star award. The same year, Super Lawyers magazine selected him as a Rising Star. Michael was subsequently named to the Super Lawyers list in 2014.
Some of the representative cases Michael handled include:
Michael and his partner Doug Silverstein recently were trial counsel in Shaffer v. Morton Grinding, which resulted in a $700,000 jury verdict for the plaintiff and a finding of punitive damages against the defendant.
- In a class action alleging misclassification of employees as independent contractors, Michael was the primary brief writer in obtaining terminating sanctions against defendants for improperly contacting class members and abusing the discovery process.
- Michael has also volunteered his time pro bono to assist in resolving employment disputes. In July 2012 and January 2014, Michael served the Los Angeles Superior Court as a Settlement Officer for the Civil Referee Assisted Settlement Hearings (the “CRASH” program), as an attorney with expertise in employment law.
Michael is admitted to practice before the California State Courts and the Central District of the United States District Court. He is a member of the California Employment Lawyers Association and the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles.
Practice areasEmployment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 100% Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2004, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.californialaborlawattorney.com/bio_losangelesempl...
- Commendation for outstanding accomplishment from the Mayor of the City of Lancaster, California, regarding the handling of the class action Barrera v. Gamestop Corp. In July 2012, Mr. Jacob served as a Settlement Officer for the Civil Referee Assisted Settlement Hearings (the "Crash" program) for the Los Angeles Superior Court, as an attorney with expertise in employment law, May 2012
- Member, California Employment Lawyers Association
- Central District of the United States District Court
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- University of Florida, B.A., in Business Administration, Specializing in Global Business
- Michael was named as one of five finalists for the 2013 Rising Star award., CAALA Rising Star Finalist, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, 2013
- Marshall-Brennan Fellow, worked as a Student Teacher of Constitutional Literacy and Coached his Student participants to the Finals of the National High School Moot Court competition
Office location for Michael Jacob
9255 Sunset Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90069
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2013