Top Rated Real Estate Attorney in Los Angeles, CA
- Virtual Appointments
Attorney Michael J. Simkin is the managing partner of Simkin & Associates, a law firm located in Los Angeles, California. Mr. Simkin practices in the areas of business, real estate and property law with a particular focus on commercial real estate. He serves clients throughout all of California.
A licensed attorney since 1989, Mr. Simkin has more than 25 years of litigation experience. He represents a diverse range of clients, including brokers, property owners, real estate agents and businesses, and handles matters involving boundary actions, construction defects, purchase disputes, sale disputes and title actions. He strategically and fiercely advocates on behalf of his clients.
In addition, Mr. Simkin advises clients regarding breach of contract or lease agreement, evictions, foreclosures, homeowners association disputes and other property related issues. He and his firm also litigate employment, probate and trust matters.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Simkin has received recognition for his accomplishments. He holds an AV Preeminent* peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell and has developed a reputation as a respected attorney who provides his clients personalized and affordable legal services. He consistently works hard to develop unique and innovative solutions for each of his real estate clients. Mr. Simkin is California State Bar (CLA) article editor for the Real Property Journal as well as a member of the State Bar (CLA) Real Property Executive committee.
Mr. Simkin earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of California and received his law degree from Southwestern Law School. He is admitted to practice in California, New York and the District of Columbia.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Michael Simkin
First Admitted: 1989, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.realproplaw.com
- All types of landlords from the owner of the Santee Alley, the Grand Central Market, Langham Hotel Pasadena, Moss Group, Kornland Building, Dromy International, many realtors, contractors, architects. Contractors, real estate brokers and real property developers. The Korea Times, to technology companies such as Data Centers, Flynet Pictures (paparazzi photographers), and a Michael Franzese, a former mafia capo, now motivational speaker/author.
Other Outstanding Achievements
- AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell for over twenty years.
- University of California at Los Angeles
- For article published in Beverly Hills Bar Association Journal, "Enforcement of Foreign Marital Judgments." , Prinzmetal Award, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- From Fox News., realproplaw.com/media
- California Real Estate Broker License, 2007
Pro bono/Community Service
- Chabad of California, 2018
- Re-negotiate single tenant lease for a Del Taco Corporate operated restaurant., 2020
- Assist foreign embassy to purchase an office building for its Los Angeles Consulate., 2019
- Presented a video seminar and prepared detailed materials for attendees providing an in depth analysis and guidance on how to navigate the constant changing Landlord Tenant residential and commercial laws due to the Covid-19 pandemic. This program will cover review of state, local and federal laws implemented to keep tenants housed, in business, allow landlords to control their property, and collect rent. It will also cover review of the government programs for payment of residential rent. Discussion of litigation techniques and settlement strategies for landlord and tenant attorneys., Creator and Lecturer, State Bar of California 2021 Annual Meeting: The New Eviction and Landlord Tenant Laws Due to Covid-19, California Lawyers Association, Real Estate, Commercial, Residential, Attorneys, Brokers, Realtors, Property Owners And Tenants, 2021
- Examine and provide strategies for landlords and tenants after the current "Covid-19" laws expire, or are extended. Review federal, California, and selected city and county eviction moratoriums applied to residential and commercial tenants. Provide a detailed written summary with legal citations and out of the box ideas for prosecution, defending and resolution of tenant issues. , Speaker, Residential & Commercial Evictions: What You Need to Know When the Eviction Moratorium Ends, California Lawyers Association, Real Estate, Litigation, Landlord Tenant, Business, 2022
- Speaker at the May 21, 2016 Real Property Retreat in Monterey for the State Bar Real Estate Section concerning the recent case of Yvanova v. New Century Mortgage Corporation decided by the California Supreme Court and wrongful foreclosures on deeds of trust not properly assigned to a successor bank. , Speaker for the State Bar of California Real Estate Section, CEB Real Estate , CEB Of California Real Estate Section, 2016
- A live (and recorded) webinar explaining how to evict commercial and residential tenants in 2021. Review of the forms, laws, and strategy to win, defend or settle a Covid-19 era unlawful detainer action. Learn the secrets how to represent your client in an eviction proceeding during Covid. Detailed written notes were provided for the attendees with hyperlinks to relevant laws., Author and Lecturer, NUTS AND BOLTS OF COVID-19 ERA EVICTIONS, California Lawyers Association, Real Estate, Commercial, Residential, 2021
- Analysis of the Covid-19 pandemic related eviction rules. , Author, Analysis of AB3088 and the New Coivd-19 Eviction Rules, California Lawyers Association, Real Estate, Commercial, Residential, 2020
- Pointers and analysis of the California AIR CRE Commercial Leases and the CAR Commercial Lease form., Author, AIR vs. CAR Commercial Leasing Froms, California Lawyers Association, Real Estate, Commercial, Residential, 2020
- Analyzed the history of residential and commercial rent control, and the new California landlord-tenant laws., Author of the article and the MCLE self study questions and answers, MCLE Self-Study Article: The New 2020 Landlord Tenant and Statewide Residential Rent Control and Eviction Laws. , California Real Estate Bar Journal of the California Lawyers Association, Real Estate, Commercial, Residential, 2020
- Article editor for the California State Bar Real Property Journal. This is the official publication of the California State Bar Association for real property. , Article Editor for official Real Property Journal, Real Property Journal Article Editor, California Bar Real Property Journal, 2016
- Education Chair for the California State Bar (CLA) Real Property Executive Committee. Involved with organizing Continuing Legal Education seminars, conferences and educational retreats for the California lawyers interested in real estate, and working with the CLA committee for all CLE activities sponsored by the CLA., 2021
- Member of the New York and District of Columbia bar associations.
- Appointed to the California State Bar (CLA) Real Property Executive Committee, 2020
- Article editor for the California State Bar Real Estate Journal, 2020
- California State Bar Real Property Journal Article Editor, 2016
- American Immigration Lawyers Assoc.
- California State Bar Real Estate Section; Los Angeles County Bar Real Estate Section
- LA. County Bar Assoc.
- New York Bar Assoc.
- The Beverly Hills/Greater Los Angeles Association
Last Updated: 6/30/2022