Nicholas M. Hutchinson
Top rated personal injury attorney in Los Angeles, CaliforniaJohnston & Hutchinson LLP
Nicholas M. Hutchinson is a founding partner at Johnston & Hutchinson LLP in Los Angeles, California. Mr. Hutchinson focuses his practice on personal injury and business litigation. Representing clients in Los Angeles and California statewide, he works with cases involving business disputes, catastrophic personal injury, insurance bad faith claims, medical negligence and more.
A graduate of Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, Mr. Hutchinson has been admitted to practice in California courts since 2002. He has tried cases in both state and federal courts and represented a diverse array of clients, including injured individuals and private organizations.
Mr. Hutchinson has represented clients in a number of high-profile cases, including hundreds of insurance bad faith claims arising from the Northridge earthquake. He has also helped clients to recover significant verdicts or settlements in numerous cases, including several that were well over $1 million. He served as co-counsel for one case involving theft of intellectual property, in which he helped his client to recover a verdict of more than $25 million. In another case involving a pedestrian who suffered Traumatic Brain Injury after being struck by a bus, Mr. Hutchinson helped his client to recover a settlement of $9.5 million.
In addition to his successful law practice, Mr. Hutchinson is a member of professional organizations including the State Bar of California and participates in the organization's solo and small firm section. He is also a member of the American Bar Association, the American Association for Justice, the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles and the Consumer Attorneys of California.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Business litigation, Insurance coverage
Personal injury - plaintiff, Bad faith insurance
- 50% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 50% Business litigation
- 0% Insurance coverage
First Admitted: 2002, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.johnstonhutchinson.com/nicholas-m-hutchinson-esq...
- "Super Lawyer Rising Star" by West Publishing
- Ace v. Confidential Amusement Park. Breach of Contract trial that began with no offer from defendant and ended with defendant paying $700,000 to settle after conclusion of plaintiff's case in chief, 2014
- Vinson v. Sazeh: $4,350,000 settlement in complicated personal injury and product liability case arising out of electrical burns caused by exploding panel, 2013
- Liu v. MTA: $9,500,000 settlement for traumatic brain injury case arising out of bus versus pedestrian collision, 2015
- $850,000 settlement for bus v. pedestrian collision
- Co-counsel, B. Braun v. Bobby Rogers litigation arising out of intellectual property theft. The case resulted in a jury verdict in excess of $25,000,000. AMJUR listed this verdict as one of the top verdicts in the US
- Perez v. LA County Hospital: $1,600,000 medical negligence settlement arising out of failure to diagnose and treat a tumor, 2014
- Primarily responsible for the trial and claims administration of the landmark insurance bad faith cases arising from the Northridge earthquake (CCP 340.9). Represented hundreds of clients and tried the first bellwether cases to jury from the coordinated actions.
Office location for Nicholas M. Hutchinson
350 S. Grand Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90071
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2015