Omar H. Bengali
Top rated Employment & Labor attorney in Los Angeles, CaliforniaGirard Bengali, APC
Practice Areas: Employment & Labor, Securities Litigation, Business Litigation; view more
Licensed in California since: 2011
Education: Southwestern Law School
Languages Spoken: Arabic, English, Hindi, Urdu
Girard Bengali, APC355 S Grand Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90071 Visit website
Omar H. Bengali is a Founding Partner of Girard Bengali. Mr. Bengali’s primary practice areas include labor and employment litigation and securities arbitration.
Mr. Bengali began his career representing a wide array of companies in state and federal court. Having founded Girard Bengali, he now specializes in representing executives, employees and small to mid-size companies with all aspects of employment law.
Mr. Bengali litigates all types of employment-related claims and regularly represents employees and executives with claims involving wrongful termination, wage and hour violations, retaliation and discrimination, both inside and outside of the securities industry. Mr. Bengali places particular focus on claims brought by female employees and executives who have been discriminated against on the basis of pregnancy, sexually harassed at work or denied equal pay. Mr. Bengali has defended clients in retaliation and discrimination suits, among others. He has also represented employers before federal agencies on I-9 audits and investigations. In one such audit, Mr. Bengali successfully defended an employer against an Immigration and Customs Enforcement audit, avoiding penalties in excess of several million dollars.
In addition to litigation, Mr. Bengali counsels clients as to their rights and obligations under state and federal laws and advises clients with regard to employment agreements, severance agreements, and other employment-related contracts or issues.
Mr. Bengali’s employment practice extends into the securities arena, including the representation of financial professionals against broker-dealer firms in FINRA arbitrations, as well as successfully counseling clients through FINRA regulatory and enforcement inquiries.
Practice areasEmployment & Labor: Employee, Securities Litigation, Business Litigation
Employment Law - Employee, Labor Law, Non-Compete Agreements, Sexual Harassment, Trade Secret, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower
- 60% Employment & Labor: Employee
- 30% Securities Litigation
- 10% Business Litigation
First Admitted: 2011, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.girardbengali.com/attorney/omar-h-bengali/
- Southern California Rising Stars, Super Lawyers Magazine, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2016
- Southern California Rising Stars, Super Lawyers Magazine, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2020
- Southern California Rising Stars, Super Lawyers Magazine, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2019
- Southern California Rising Stars, Super Lawyers Magazine, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2018
- Southern California Rising Stars, Super Lawyers Magazine, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2017
- $347,000 Verdict in FINRA Case against Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. involving securities and business violations - FINRA Award 16-03252., 2019
- $1.8 Million Verdict in Elder Financial Abuse Case, 2017
Office location for Omar H. Bengali
355 S Grand Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90071
- Super Lawyers: 2023
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2021