Top rated employment litigation attorney in Los Angeles, CaliforniaThe Law Office of Omid Nosrati
Practice Areas: Employment litigation, Employment & labor, Class action & mass torts; view more
Licensed in California since: 2001
Education: Loyola Law School Los Angeles
Languages Spoken: English, Persian (Farsi)
The Law Office of Omid Nosrati1801 Century Park E
Los Angeles, CA 90067 Visit website
Omid Nosrati founded The Law Office of Omid Nosrati with a commitment to providing excellent legal services to clients. His law firm is dedicated to exclusively representing employees in the area of employment law. Mr. Nosrati's passion for employment law stems from his own experiences of discrimination at the workplace due to his immigrant background.
Mr. Nosrati represents aggrieved employees throughout the state of California for claims including class actions, wage and hour disputes, wrongful termination, sexual harassment, whistleblowers, as well as discrimination based on pregnancy, race, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, and other protected classes.
In addition to being honored with the distinction of a Super Lawyer for 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021, Mr. Nosrati has been honored by the American Society of Legal Advocates as one of the Top 100 Labor & Employment lawyers in California for 2016 and 2017. Mr. Nosrati also has a 4.9 out of 5.0 Peer Review Rating from Martindale Hubbell, as well as a "Superb" rating from Avvo.
In 2018, Mr. Nosrati reached a $1,450,000.00 wage and hour class action settlement that received final court approval. In addition, Mr. Nosrati settled another seven figure wage and hour class action that is pending court approval.
In 2019, Mr. Nosrati obtained a 7-figure settlement on behalf of his client who was wrongfully terminated.
Mr. Nosrati has also obtained numerous six-figure settlements for his clients. Since June of 2017, Mr. Nosrati obtained final approval for a class action settlement for $798,000.00 for 529 class members working in the gaming industry for allegations of meal period violations and paid time off violations. In addition, Omid Nosrati obtained final approval for a class action settlement for $315,000.00 for 53 class members alleging unpaid overtime and break violations. Mr. Nosrati recently obtained a settlement for $250,000.00 for pregnancy discrimination and a $235,000.00 for gender discrimination. Moreover, for two Plaintiffs who were terminated after complaining of unsafe work conditions, Mr. Nosrati obtained a settlement for $160,000.00.
Other settlements include a settlement for $425,000.00 for race discrimination (four plaintiffs), $390,000.00 for single plaintiff for unpaid overtime and double time, $375,000.00 for age discrimination (seven plaintiffs), $275,000.00 for race discrimination (three plaintiffs), $255.000.00 for discrimination and retaliation (five plaintiffs), $200,000.00 for wrongful termination and disability discrimination, $175,000.00 for wrongful termination after requesting payment of wages, $155,000.00 for religious discrimination, $149,000.00 for disability discrimination, and $135,000.00 for associational discrimination.
Mr. Nosrati first graduated from the University of California Los Angeles before earning his Juris Doctor from Loyola Law School in Los Angeles in 2001. He is admitted to practice in California, the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California.
He is fluent in Farsi and English and is a member of the California Employment Lawyers Association, the Santa Monica Bar Association and the Los Angeles Country Bar Association. He is also a member of the State Bar Employment Law Section.
Practice areasEmployment litigation: plaintiff, Employment & labor: employee, Class action/mass torts: plaintiff
Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation, Employment law - employee, Wage & hour laws, Whistleblower, Sexual harassment, Class actions
- 70% Employment litigation: plaintiff
- 20% Employment & labor: employee
- 10% Class action/mass torts: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2001, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.nosratilaw.com/our-lawyers/omid-nosrati/
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 1997
- Loyola Law School, Juris Doctor, 2001
- , Retaliation, 2021
- Automotive Industry, Apparel, Food and Beverage, Skilled Nursing, Technology, Administrative, Medical, and Nursing., 2021
- Automotive Industry, Apparel, Food and Beverage, Skilled Nursing, Technology, Administrative, Medical, Nursing, and Legal. , 2022
- Automotive Industry, Apparel, Food and Beverage, and Skilled Nursing., 2020
- Healthcare Industry Professional, 2018
- Drivers for Hazardous Material, 2018
- Employment Litigation., Superlawyers, Superlawyers, 2023
- Employment Litigation, Superlawyers, Superlawyers, 2022
- For Employment Litigation, Superlawyers, Superlawyers, 2019
- Employment Litigation, Superlawyers, Superlawyers, 2021
- For Employment Litigation, Superlawyers, Superlawyers, 2020
- 2019 Attorney of Distinction for Labor & Employment Law, Pasadena's Top Lawyers, Pasadena Magazine, 2019
- Rated Superb by Avvo, Superb Rating (10 out of 10), Avvo, 2019
- Top 100 Labor & Employment lawyers in the State of California for 2017 by the American Society of Legal Advocates
- Rated by Superlawyers for Employment Litigation., Superlawyers, 2018
- Top 100 Labor and Employment lawyers in the State of California for 2016 by The American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA)
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review 4.9 out of 5.0
- Member of CELA Mentor Committee and provide mentorship to younger attorneys. , 2023
- Member of CELA, California Employment Lawyers Association. , 2023
- State Bar Labor and Employment Section. , 2023
- Member of CELA, California Employment Lawyers Association, 2022
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, 2021
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, 2022
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- California Employment Lawyers Association, Member, 2012 - Present
- Century City Bar Association, Member
- State Bar Labor and Employment Section, 2017
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- Santa Monica Bar Association, 2017
- $1,065,912.07 preliminary approval of class action settlement. , 2022
- $1,100,000.00 Settlement. Whistleblower Retaliation. , 2021
- $1,500,000.00 Settlement. Whistleblower Retaliation. , 2021
- $200,000.00 Settlement. Wrongful Termination., 2022
- Preliminary approval for wage and hour class action settlement for $900,000.00., 2020
- $350,000 Wage and Hour Class Action Settlement with 88 class members. , 2021
- $250,000 Settlement - Disability Discrimination (Pre-Litigation), 2019
- $390,000.00 - Settlement: Single plaintiff for unpaid overtime and double time $375,000.00- Settlement: Multi-Plaintiff Age Discrimination $275,000.00 - Settlement: Multi-Plaintiff Race Discrimination $255,000.00 - Settlement: Multi-Plaintiff Discrimination and Retaliation , 2016
- $202,000 Settlement for Pregnancy Discrimination (Pre-Litigation), 2018
- $798,000.00 - Settlement: Wage and Hour Class Action $315,000.00 - Settlement: Wage and Hour Class Action $250,000.00 - Settlement: Pregnancy Discrimination $235,000.00 - Settlement: Gender Discrimination $200,000.00 - Settlement: Wrongful Termination and Disability Discrimination $175,000.00 - Settlement: Wrongful Termination for Requesting Payment of Wages $160,000.00 - Settlement: Two Plaintiffs terminated for complaining of unsafe work conditions $150,000.00 - Settlement: Disability Discrimination $150,000.00 - Settlement: FMLA Retaliation $135,000.00 - Settlement: Associational Discrimination, 2017
- $1,450,000.00 - Settlement: Wage and Hour Class Action, $129,000.00 - Settlement: Disability Discrimination $125,000.00 - Settlement: Associaiton Discrimination , 2018
- General Labor
Office location for Omid Nosrati
1801 Century Park E
Los Angeles, CA 90067
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2023