Top Rated Creditor Debtor Rights Attorney in Los Angeles, CA
Attorney Ronald Slates is the founder and owner of The Law Offices of Ronald P. Slates, P.C., in Los Angeles, California. Possessing more than 50 years of legal experience, Mr. Slates provides unmatched counsel and support to a diverse range of clients throughout Southern California and the rest of the state who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Commercial debt collection
· Prejudgment writs of attachment and possession and enforcement thereof
· Enforcement of judgments
· Creditors' rights' litigation
· Real estate transactions and litigation leading to a need for aggressive judgment enforcement
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Slates has gained a reputation as a leading aggressive, effective attorney for his "niche" practice areas of commercial collection and enforcement of judgments, and he has achieved notable success advocating on behalf of companies and individuals who are dealing with pressing legal challenges. Drawing upon his extensive legal knowledge and experience, he is able to devise the most effective strategic solutions possible to help his clients resolve their issues and COLLECT the monies owed to them.
Nationally regarded as one of the top trial attorneys in the state as well as the entire country, Mr. Slate has held an AV-Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell for the past 25-plus years, and he has received numerous other top rankings from his peers. He also receives numerous referrals from other attorneys in his area when they need assistance with their debt collection cases.
Mr. Slates graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles, in 1965. He then returned to his alma mater and obtained his Juris Doctor from the UCLA School of Law in 1968. He also earned his Master of Laws from King's College at the Dickson Poon School of Law in 1974. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Mr. Slates is an active member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and The State Bar of California, among his other professional affiliations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Ronald Slates
First Admitted: 1969, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.rslateslaw.com/Attorneys/Ronald-P-Slates.shtml
- He has been named to the Southern California Super Lawyers List from 2007-2018.
- Phi Alpha Delta
- AV Peer Review Rating for more than 25 years
- Streamline Shippers and Associates, Inc.; Ropers,Majeski, Kohn and Bentley; Littler, Mendelson (attorneys); Ralphs/Foods For Less; The Kroger Co.; National Spinning Company; Sizzler U.S.A. Restaurants; GMAC Commercial Finance L.L.C.; Continental Business Credit; Milberg Factors, Inc.; Rosenthal and Rosenthal (factoring); Morrow Equipment Company; American Apparel;
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, Los Angeles, California, J.D. - 1968
- University of California at Los Angeles, B.A., 1965
- University of London, England, LL.M., 1974
- California State Bar, 1969
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1990
- Member, Phi Alpha Delta International Legal Fraternity
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1990
- Member, State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 1975
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- Though groups claim there are faults in the process, too often debtor lacked any real defense as to why they failed to pay their debts.
- There may be improper debt collection practices occurring, but advocacy groups often rely on anecdotal evidence to back up their claims.
- Consumer advocacy groups sometimes point to how courts will sometimes grant default judgments to banks and debt collectors.
- Attorneys know that lending institutions need to have proper paperwork to back up any case and that creditors need to follow the rules.
- Any attorney in debt collection and collection of judgments knows that lawsuits against debtors need to be followed up in the proper manner
Last Updated: 5/15/2022