Ryan D. Kashfian
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Los Angeles, CA
Attorney Ryan D. Kashfian is a founding partner with Kashfian & Kashfian, LLP, law firm in Los Angeles, California. A top-ranked trial lawyer and emerging leader in his field, Mr. Kashfian provides invaluable counsel and support to a diverse range of clients across his region who have legal needs involving any of the following:
- Business litigation
- Real estate
- Intellectual property
- Civil litigation
- Health care fraud defense
- White collar criminal defense
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Kashfian has achieved remarkable success representing a broad clientele, including large corporations, international celebrities, professional athletes and others. He has obtained a long record of securing successful outcomes for his clients in state and federal courts throughout his region, and he has gained a reputation for his brilliance as an attorney both inside and outside of the courtroom.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Kashfian has earned consistent designation from his peers as being among the top 5% of lawyer in the country, and he has received many testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
Mr. Kashfian earned both his Bachelor's and Master's Degrees in Computer Science from the University of Southern California and his Juris Doctor from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, where he graduated within the top 20% of his class. While in law school, he received the First Honors Award for his excellent academic achievements in remedies and was also a judicial extern for Associate Justice Norvell “Fred” Woods Jr., of the Court of Appeal, Second Appellate District, Division Seven (Los Angeles).
He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court. He is also a registered patent attorney with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Some notable cases include:
- Anabi Oil Corp. v. IFuel, Inc., No. B301899, 2021 Cal. App. Unpub. LEXIS 4407 (July 6, 2021): Affirmance of an anti-SLAPP order dismissing an oil distributor’s complaint, in part, on the basis that the complaint arose from protected activity (entering into a settlement agreement) and the oil distributor could not prevail on his claim that the right of first refusal was breached.
- Munoz v. Welch, No. B301717, 2020 Cal. App. Unpub. LEXIS 8662 (Dec. 29, 2020): Reversal of the Superior Court’s order dismissing a complaint, with prejudice, as being barred by the statute of limitations.
- Chavez v. Lifetech Res., No. B282417, 2019 Cal. App. Unpub. LEXIS 1008 (Feb. 11, 2019): Reversal of a jury verdict in favor of a defendant-employer, on the basis that the jury’s verdict was not supported by substantial evidence and that several of the jury’s findings on the special verdict form were fatally inconsistent.
- United States v. Doe, 810 F.3d 1110 (9th Cir. 2016): Reversal of the District Court’s order that had broadly ordered the former attorneys to produce everything identified in the government’s subpoenas, on the basis that the District Court improperly ordered production of the documents without first examining the documents in camera to determine whether the documents contained communications in furtherance of the alleged criminal fraud.
- Jin v. Holder, 585 F. App’x 625 (9th Cir. 2014): Reversal of the Board of Immigration Appeals’ order affirming an Immigration Judge’s denial of an asylum petitioner’s request for withholding of removal, on the basis that evidence did not support the Immigration Judge’s adverse credibility finding.
- Solid 21, Inc. v. Breitling USA, Inc., 512 F. App’x 685 (9th Cir. 2013): Reversal of the District Court’s order dismissing Solid 21, Inc.’s complaint for trademark infringement, on the basis that the District Court erred in permitting the defendants to introduce evidence to rebut the complaint.
- 40%Business Litigation
- 20%Intellectual Property
- 10%Criminal Defense: White Collar
Trade Secret, Non-Compete Agreements, Appeals, Copyrights, Patents, Trademarks, Intellectual Property Law, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law - Federal
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2022
About Ryan D. Kashfian
First Admitted: 2009, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.kashfianlaw.com/attorney/kashfian-ryan-d/
Last Updated: 5/15/2022