Top Rated Appellate Attorney in Los Angeles, CA
I am a certified appellate specialist and solo practitioner. My practice is devoted to civil and criminal appeals and writs in state and federal courts. My civil cases cover a wide range of practice areas on behalf of appellants, respondents, and amicus parties. In addition to my appellate work, I advise trial counsel on issue and record preservation in preparation for a possible appeal. I also draft significant motions and other filings (such as motions for summary judgment, post-trial motions, jury instructions, special verdict forms, and drafting or objecting to a statement of decision) and argue motions before the trial court.
I received my J.D. from Yale Law School in 1991 and my B.A. summa cum laude from University of Pennsylvania in 1988 in economics and French literature. I completed a portion of my undergraduate studies in Paris, France in a study abroad program at Columbia University's Reid Hall Program.
After law school, I spent a year as a law clerk to the Honorable Barefoot Sanders, Chief Judge, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas, in Dallas and a year as the Sophie Silberberg Fellow at Human Rights Watch in New York City. I was of Counsel at Morrison & Foerster where I litigated employment and labor cases for over 14 years before setting up my own solo appellate practice.
I am admitted to the U.S. Supreme Court, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal and all courts in California.
I have been involved in numerous bar associations including the following:
Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA). Vice-President, 2021-Present; Member, Board of Trustees, 2019-2021.
California Academy of Appellate Lawyers. Member (by election only).
LACBA Appellate Courts Section. Chair, 2017-2019; Vice-Chair, 2015-2017; Secretary, 2013-2015; Treasurer, 2011-2013; Member, 2008 to Present; Member, Executive Committee, 2011 to Present.
Conference of California Bar Associations (CCBA). Member, Board of Directors, 2014 to 2020.
LACBA Delegation to the CCBA. Member, Executive Committee, 2014 to 2020; Delegate, 2013 to 2020.
About Sarvenaz Bahar
First Admitted: 1994
Professional Webpage: http://www.baharlaw.com/attorney-profile.php
- Member, Board of Trustees, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member of California Academy of Appellate Lawyers.
- Member, Executive Committee, Los Angeles County Bar Association Delegation to the Conference of California Bar Associations
- Immediate Past Chair, Appellate Courts Section of LACBA, 2017-2019
- Member, Board of Directors, Conference of California Bar Associations
- Certified Specialist in Appellate Law, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- B.A. summa cum laude from University of Pennsylvania in 1988
- J.D. from Yale Law School in 1991
Pro bono/Community Service
- Sarvenaz Bahar was selected as the Volunteer of the Year by Public Counsel for its Appellate Law Program., 2010
- Selected as a super lawyer in appellate law from 2013-2020., Super lawyer in Appellate Law, Super lawyer, 2020
- Received the Volunteer of the Year Award in Appellate Law., Volunteer of the Year Award in Appellate Law, Public Counsel Law Center, 2010
- Recognized as a top appellate lawyer., Top Lawyer in Appellate Law, Pasadena Magazine, 2019
Last Updated: 5/15/2022