Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Los Angeles, CA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2013 - 2020
A Partner at Weinberg Gonser LLP, Shahrokh Sheik is an experienced and dedicated representative for his clients. Mr. Sheik specializes in business and intellectual property (trademark and trade secret) litigation and corporate general counsel matters. He represents clients across industries including entertainment, cannabis, hospitality and restaurant law, finance and technology.
Mr. Sheik began his practice serving as counsel to the Independent Film & Television Alliance before founding his own law firm in 2012. He then joined Weinberg Gonser LLP as Partner in 2020. Mr. Sheik has secured many favorable results for his clients. Some of his representative matters include negotiating a successful settlement on behalf of investors and film producers in a multimillion-dollar breach of contract action against a bank and defending a well-known rock band against a lawsuit alleging breach of contract and an intellectual property dispute.
Mr. Sheik graduated with a Bachelor of Science from California State University, Long Beach. While he was completing his undergraduate studies, he founded the Law Society and served as its president. He obtained his legal education at Southwestern Law School, where he served as an associate editor of the Southwestern Law Review.
Mr. Sheik is fluent in Farsi and English and has represented clients in a broad range of industries. He has held leadership roles in multiple legal and professional organizations, including serving as a trustee-at-large on the board of trustees for the Los Angeles County Bar Association and serving as the past chair of its Entertainment Law and Intellectual Property Section. Mr. Sheik believes in giving back to his community and serves on the board of directors of Susan G. Komen Los Angeles County and the board of directors of the Institute of Neuro Innovation.
About Shahrokh Sheik
First Admitted: 2007, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.weinberg-gonser.com/shahrokh-sheik/
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Board of Trustees, Trustee At-Large
- Entertainment & IP Section of LA County Bar Association, Past Chair
- Southwestern Entertainment and IP Alumni Association Board of Directors, Past Chair
- Speaker, Day in the Life: A Glimpse into the Practice of Entertainment and Intellectual Property Law Attorneys
- Meeting of the Minds – This Title Cannot Be Registered: The Lack of Title Trademark Protection for Single Creative Works and Some Available Alternatives
- Part I: What’s a Trademark and Why Is It Important For My Business?
- Part II: Why Shouldn’t I Just Register My Trademark Through an Online Legal Service Provider Like Legalzoom or Another Company?
- Crowdfunding and Film Finance Business and Legal Issues
- Federal Communications Commission Indecency Violations
- California State University Long Beach, B.S., Vice President, Student Government; Founder/President, Law Society; President, Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity
- Associate Editor, Law Review, Southwestern University School of Law
- President, Student Government, Southwestern University School of Law
- Sports And Fitness
- Our #MondayMotivation: "If you love what you're doing, do it." Hear what one of our attorneys, Joel Sherwin, has to… https://t.co/ZjhHeEuj1B
- "The City of West Hollywood made such an exception by producing an ordinance that authorizes business licenses for… https://t.co/wERy3yJpxO
- Learn more about how we're playing a role in creating a new system to pay #NCAA players for their names and likenes… https://t.co/zd5jRCSEhz
- Looking for some #WednesdayWisdom? Schedule a 30 minute office hours session below to chat with a Weinberg Gonser,… https://t.co/QNv6WvhyI0
- This #ThankfulThursday, we're thankful for our office mascot, Maddy 🐶🐾 Have you connected with her yet on LinkedIn? https://t.co/MK9BHUxCh3
Last Updated: 5/15/2022