Spencer A. Schneider
Top rated Insurance Coverage attorney in Los Angeles, CaliforniaBerman Berman & Berman LLP
Spencer A. Schneider is a partner and an insurance litigation attorney at the law firm of Berman, Berman, Berman, Schneider & Lowary LLP. He oversees the firm’s insurance coverage and litigation practice and serves clients across Los Angeles, California.
With nearly 30 years of legal experience, Mr. Schneider advocates for insurance companies in a variety of issues affecting their business, including those involving first- and third-party insurance coverage disputes, general liability policies, errors and omissions, data breach, workers’ compensation, property coverage policies, cyber liability and more. He also resolves disputes between insurance carriers and policyholders in actions for declaratory judgments, bad faith claims, unfair competition, contract breach and rescission.
After graduating with his B.A. from the University of California, Los Angeles, Mr. Schneider obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of California, Davis School of Law, where he served as the business editor of its law review and received the American Jurisprudence Award for legal writing. He was also bestowed with the Chancellor Service Award for his support to the UCLA community.
First admitted to practice by The State Bar of California in 1994, Mr. Schneider is also authorized to appear before the United States District Courts for the Central, Northern, Eastern and Southern Districts of California and the United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
Involved in his community, Mr. Schneider has authored a number of articles for several publications. He holds active memberships in the American Bar Association, the Association of Southern California Defense Counsel (ASCDC), The State Bar of California and the Defense Research Institute. He is the former chair of the ASCDC – Insurance Coverage Subcommittee.
Committed to yielding success both inside and outside the courtroom, Mr. Schneider has been rated "Good" on Avvo for his outstanding professionalism and client services.
Practice areasInsurance Coverage, Construction Litigation
- 0% Insurance Coverage
- 0% Construction Litigation
First Admitted: 1994, California
Professional Webpage: https://b3law.com/our-team/spencer-a-schneider/
- Star Ins. Co. v. Neighbors (Nev. 2006) 138 P.3d 507
- Unmasked Mgmt. v. Century-Nat’l Ins. Co. (S.D. Cal. 2021) 514 F. Supp. 3d 1217
- J&J Pumps, Inc. v. Star Ins. Co. (E.D. Cal. 2011) 795 F. Supp. 2d 1023
- Gorham, Inc. v. First Financial Ins. Co. (2006) 138 Cal.App.4th 1532
- Palp, Inc. v. Williamsburg Nat’l Ins. Co. (2011) 200 Cal.App.4th 282
- State Bar of California
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel, Insurance Coverage Subcommittee, Past Chairperson
- Defense Research Institute
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- American Bar Association
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Southern District of California
- Eastern District of California
- Northern District of California
- Central District of California
- United States District Court
- Chancellor Service Award for contributions to the UCLA community, UCLA
- Recipient, U.C. Davis School of Law’s American Jurisprudence Award for Legal Writing
- Business Editor, U.C. Davis Law Review
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A.
Office location for Spencer A. Schneider
11900 West Olympic Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90064-1151
- Super Lawyers: 2023 - 2024