Stephen D. Sitkoff
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Los Angeles, CA
Attorney Stephen D. Sitkoff is a partner with the Takakjian & Sitkoff, LLP, law firm in Los Angeles, California. A top-rated, award-winning attorney, Mr. Sitkoff devotes his practice exclusively to criminal defense, and he serves clients throughout the greater Los Angeles metro area and all across Southern California who face criminal charges involving DUI and DWI, drug crimes, violent crimes, sex crimes, theft crimes, parole and probation violations, juvenile offenses, and all other types of felonies and misdemeanors.
A lawyer for more than 30 years, Mr. Sitkoff served as a deputy district attorney in Los Angeles County for the first 11 years of his career. Having such extensive experience prosecuting criminal cases enables him to better challenge the prosecution's cases against his clients and to devise the most effective strategies possible to help increase their chances of obtaining the favorable outcomes they expect. Recognized for his success in this role, he earned an appointment as Commissioner of the Los Angeles County Superior Court from 1994 to 1995.
Since entering private practice and focusing solely on criminal defense, Mr. Sitkoff has achieved notable success advocating on behalf of the rights and liberties of the accused. Along with holding Superb ratings on Avvo, he also holds an AV-Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and he has earned numerous other awards and honors for his impeccable professionalism and service.
A 1978 honors graduate of the University of California, Los Angeles, Mr. Sitkoff obtained his Juris Doctor from Loyola Law School in Los Angeles in 1982. The State Bar of California admitted him to practice the following year, and he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
Highly active in his legal community, Mr. Sitkoff is a member of the South Bay Bar Association, the California Judges Association, the Criminal Courts Bar Association and the California Attorneys for Criminal Justice. He also serves on The State Bar of California Criminal Justice Section's Executive Committee.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 50%Criminal Defense
- 50%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Murder, Parole, Probation, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, DUI/DWI
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2023
About Stephen D. Sitkoff
First Admitted: 1983, California
Professional Webpage: http://formerdistrictattorneys.com/our-firm/attorneys/stephe...
- Emmanuel College of Cambridge University
- University of California, Los Angeles - BA, Dean’s Honor List, 1978
- Commissioner, Judicial Bench, Los Angeles County Superior Court, 1994-1995
- Member, California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- Member, South Bay Bar Association
- Member, Criminal Courts Bar Association
- Member, California Judges Association
- Member, State Bar of California
- California, 1983
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 1986
- State Bar of Califronia (Executive Committee of Criminal Law Section)
- Lecturer, Being a Superior Court Commissioner, 1995
- Lecturer, Criminal Procedure, 1990
- Lecturer, How To Deal With Media, Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Los Angeles County District Attorneys Office, 1990
- Lecturer, Evidence, Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Los Angeles County District Attorneys Office, 1990
- Lecturer, Sex Crimes, Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Los Angeles County District Attorneys Office, 1985
- , Today Show: Michael Jackson Autopsy, 2010
- 10.0 Superb rating from attorney rating directory AVVO.com, as well as 5 star client rating from same service., 10.0 Superb Rating, AVVO.com, 2012
- Emmanuel College of Cambridge University, Cambridge, England, Loyola Law School
- Dean’s Honor List, Loyola Law School
- Prosecutor of the Month, Los Angeles District Attorneys Office, 1988
- AV Preeminent rating for legal ability and ethics from Martindale-Hubbell including 5.0 Preeminent client rating from same source, AV Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 2012
- California Attorneys For Criminal Justice
- California Judges Association
- California Public Defenders Association
- Criminal Courts Bar Association
- National Association Of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- South Bay Bar Association
- State Bar Of California
- Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer Paul Takakjian discusses the "Justice For Victims Act." https://t.co/rWYagJ5vjZ
- Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer Paul Takakjian discusses the "Justice For Victims Act." https://t.co/a4gW5xFU2R
- Reasonable And Probable Cause In #Felony Preliminary Hearings http://t.co/MRf3iKVFqV #LosAngelesCriminalDefenseLawyer http://t.co/CYYu8Z2SHc
- How a #DUI can become 2nd degree #murder!! http://t.co/pCTK0WzCgU #LosAngelesDUILawyer http://t.co/ZoyHF4QK0m
- How a #DUI can become 2nd degree #murder!! http://t.co/dlTMNTuO5V #LosAngelesDUILawyer http://t.co/MB8HC5yje6
Last Updated: 5/15/2022