Timothy B. McCaffrey, Jr.
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Los Angeles, CA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2006 - 2010
Timothy B. McCaffrey, Jr., is an attorney at Chesler McCaffrey LLP in Los Angeles, California. Mr. McCaffrey litigates a variety of employment-related claims, including claims for breach of contract, discrimination, failure to accommodate, fraud, harassment, intentional infliction of emotional distress, retaliation, unpaid wages, unfair business practices and competition, and wrongful discharge. He serves clients throughout the Los Angeles region.
Mr. McCaffrey has more than 20 years of experience. He became licensed to practice law in the state of California in 1997. Over the course of his career, he has appeared before California agencies such as the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement and the Employment Development Department, as well as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission.
In addition to his practice, Mr. McCaffrey is an adjunct associate professor of law at Southwestern Law School. He conducts training classes for his clients on employment policies, sexual harassment and other employment-related legal topics.
Mr. McCaffrey enjoys staying active in the legal community. He belongs to the Los Angeles County Bar Association, The State Bar of California and the American Bar Association. He volunteers for the Los Angeles County Superior Court’s CRASH settlement program.
After earning a bachelor’s degree from the University of Pennsylvania, Mr. McCaffrey received his law degree from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles. He was a Sayre MacNeil scholar and a St. Thomas More scholar. He graduated cum laude, served on the Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review and was a member of the Order of the Coif.
- 40%Employment & Labor: Employer
- 20%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 20%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 20%Employment Litigation: Defense
Employment Law - Employee, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment, Labor Law, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Employment Law - Employer
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2006 - 2010
About Timothy B. McCaffrey, Jr.
First Admitted: 1997, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.cmlegal.com/timothy-b-mccaffrey-jr.html
- No. 32 in eBossWatch's list of the Nation's Top Employment Lawyers
- Recognized by Super Lawyers
- Sayre MacNeil Scholar, Loyola Law School
- St. Thomas More Scholar, Loyola Law School
- Order of the Coif, Loyola Law School
Pro bono/Community Service
- Los Angeles Superior Court CRASH Settlement Program Volunteer
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- Loyola Law Review, Loyola Law School
- Southwestern University School of Law, Adjunct Associate Professor of Law, Labor & Employment
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 1992
Last Updated: 6/23/2022