Top rated business litigation attorney in Los Angeles, CaliforniaThe Lovell Firm, A Professional Law Corporation
Tre Lovell has been noted among the elite trial lawyers in the nation, having been named Lawyer of the Year, Finalist, by the Los Angeles Business Journal, and further honored by The National Law Journal as one of the Top 50 Litigation Trailblazers in the country. Mr. Lovell was recently named to The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, and has been further recognized among the top 1% of attorneys in the United States as a litigator through such esteemed organizations as the American Academy of Trial Attorneys, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Distinguished Justice Advocates, America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators, Rue's Best Attorneys of America and the Trial Lawyers Board of Regents. Having been named among the California Superlawyers, Mr. Lovell also received the 2014 and 2015 Litigator Awards for extraordinary litigation achievement, an award given to less that 1% of attorneys in the U.S. and approximately 12 firms per state or DMA each year. Mr. Lovell has been profiled in Forbes and other magazines and on several local and national television news broadcasts. He has received the Client's Choice Award and a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo.
With nearly 30 years of experience, Tre Lovell practices in such areas as business law, corporate law, entertainment, intellectual property, employment and general civil litigation. With a deserved reputation as a top civil litigation attorney, Tre Lovell represents clients throughout California in a variety of matters. His business and commercial litigation practice includes breach of contract, fraud and misrepresentation, intentional interference with contractual relations and licensing disputes. Mr. Lovell has also represented entertainment industry professionals, including actors, directors, producers and screenwriters, in matters involving wrongful termination, royalty disputes, defamation and similar matters. He has handled a variety of intellectual property matters, including copyright and trademark registration, licensing, infringement and trade secret disclosure, and his transactional practice includes the preparation of producer, director and writer agreements, merchandising contracts, royalty agreements and financing. His employment litigation practice includes such employment matters such a wrongful termination, discrimination, sexual harassment, trade secrets violations, wage and hour violations, FEHA violations and related claims.
Mr. Lovell received his B.A. from Pomona College and J.D. at McGeorge School of Law in 1992. He was the gold medal national champion and black belt instructor in the martial arts. Mr. Lovell is licensed in both California (SBN 162806) and Nevada (SBN 5055).
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Employment litigation: plaintiff, Entertainment & sports, Intellectual property
Trade secret, Non-compete agreements, Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation, Entertainment, sports & leisure law, Copyrights, Trademarks, Intellectual property law
- 40% Business litigation
- 20% Employment litigation: plaintiff
- 20% Entertainment & sports
- 20% Intellectual property
First Admitted: 1992, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.lovellfirm.com/attorney/tre-lovell/
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- Nevada Bar Association, Member
- Nevada Bar, 1993
- California Bar, 1992
- California Bar Association, Member
- Pomona College, B.A., 1989
- Testified As An Expert - Allen v. Viacom; MTV Networks, et.al. (Los Angeles County Superior Court) – provided expert testimony regarding contractual interpretation of residuals and royalty rights involving Bill Cosby’s animation television series “Little Bill”, 2015
- Testified as an Expert - Weston v. Barris, (Los Angeles County Superior Court) – provided expert testimony of behalf of legendary Marilyn Monroe photographer George Barris pertaining to intellectual property/ licensing issues.
- Testified As An Expert - People of the State of California v. Khoury (Los Angeles County Superior Court) – provided expert testimony regarding talent engagement agreements in the entertainment industry, 2018
- Cover story featuring Attorney Tre Lovell, Attorney Tre Lovell - Grasping The Golden, Moral Compass, Hollywood Weekly Magazine, Entertainment, 2019
- Cover story featuring Tre Lovell., A Fighter In The Ring, Attorney At Law Magazine, Legal, 2021
- Cover story featuring Tre Lovell, Litigating With Fearless Compassion, See Beyond Magazine, National Media, 2021
- Interviewed For Article On Event Planning Liability, Interviewed, Limit Your Liability, The Meeting Magazines, National Publication, 2021
- Article profiling Top Hollywood Attorneys, Interviewed, Legal Eagle! Q&A With Hollywood Celebrity Attorney Tre Lovell, The Inscriber Magazine, National Publication, 2021
- Article - Top Hollywood Attorneys, Interviewed, The Go-To Lawyer In Hollywood, The Publicist Notebook, National, 2021
- Business Litigation Firm Tackles Blockbuster Cases, Forbes Magazine, September, 2014
- Interviewed by Bloomberg Media regarding the highly publicized case involving Led Zeppelin., Interviewed, Led Zeppeling Ruling Blunts Legal Tools For Copyright Plaintiffs, Bloomberg Media, Legal And Media, 2020
- Wrote article discussing recent legal trends governing copyright infringement litigation in the music industry., Author, To Have Copied Or Not To Have Copied: That Is The Question For A Jury, Daily Journal, Legal, 2019
- Lecturer, Starting Your Production Company, Los Angeles Showbiz Expo
- Dougher v. Wells Fargo Advisors, et.al. - $50 Million Fraud/Breach of Fiduciary Action against Wells Fargo., 2020
- Aleo, et.al. v. Elliott, et.al. - $200,000,000 overseas real estate fraud scheme - The Lovell Firm represented 144 victims in international fraud scam. Secured millions in recovery.
- Scott v. 3d Realms, et.al. - copyright infringement and trademark infringement against 3D Realms (the Nuke Dukem video game publisher) regarding the Earth No More video game.
- John Doe v. American Federation of Musicians - representing over 50 members of the largest musician's union in the world, the American Federation of Musicians (AFM), who faced expulsion for alleged union violations.
- Martinez v. MGM, et.al. - defamation action against MGM regarding the movie American Pimp.
- Fuentes v. Yanez: representing Univision reporter Paco Fuentes in his assault/battery case against Mexican film superstar Eduardo Yanez regarding the "slap felt around the world."
- Slagle v. A&E Entertainment, Lifetime Network - defamation action against A&E and Lifetime television networks regarding the movie The Happy Face Killer., 2014
- Wynn v. Oprah Winfrey, et.al. - representing writing duo in their action for idea theft and copyright infringment against Oprah Winfrey, Lionsgate, ABC and OWN Network regarding the television show Greenleaf., 2018
- Named Top Business Attorney In Los Angeles, Top Business Attorney In Los Angeles, Socialcatfish/Best People, 2021
- Named Top Entertainment Attorney In Los Angeles, Top Entertainment Attorney In Los Angeles, UpCity, 2021
- Named Exclusive Legal Representative for Business Litigation for California., Global Law Experts, 2020
- Rated Top Three Business Lawyers in Los Angeles, California., Best Rated Los Angeles Organization, 2020
- Top 100 High Stakes Litigators, America's Top 100, LLC, 2017
- Membership, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2014
- Elite, Top 1% of Attorneys in the Nation, National Association of Distinguished Counsel, 2018
- Southern California Leaders In Law Series, Forbes Magazine, 2014
- Membership, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2014
- California Excellence Award, United States Trade And Commerce Institute, 2014
- America's Top 100 Attorneys - Recognizes Top 100 Attorneys from each state, America's Top 100, LLC, 2016
- Top 100 Attorneys, The National Trial Lawyers, 2018
- Top 50 Litigation Pioneers and Trailblazers, The National Law Journal, 2014
- Lifetime Charter Membership, Rue's Best Attorneys of America, 2014
- Premier 100 List - Top 100 Civil Attorneys in California, American Academy of Trial Attorneys, 2015
- Top 100 Attorneys in California - Most Recognized and Distinguished Attorneys in America, Distinguished Justice Advocates, 2016
- Top 10 Attorneys (Business Torts), The National Trial Lawyers, 2018
- Litigator Awards, Trial Lawyers Board Of Regents, 2014
- Top Lawyers In California, The Legal Network, 2013
- Lawyer of the Year - Finalist, Los Angeles Business Journal, 2016
- Litigator Awards, Trial Lawyers Board of Regents, 2015
- Tre Lovell is interviewed regarding the Will Smith and Chris Rock incident at the Oscars., Banfield Show - Tre Lovell Discusses Will Smith and Chris Rock Incident, Entertainment And Media, 2022
- Tre Lovell was featured on the Banfield Show pertaining to his representation of 20 victims in their lawsuit against Shark Tank stars Kevin O'Leary and Kevin Harrington., Banfield Show - Tre Lovell Discusses Case Against Shark Tank Stars Kevin O'Leary and Kevin Harrington, National Media, 2021
- Discusses "Happy Face Killer Lawsuit"., Featured on KTLA Channel 5 News, 2014
- Featured on the Bill Alexander Show., Guest - Hollywood: Celebrity Attorney Tre Lovell, National Radio Television Show, 2021
- Provided expert legal analysis regarding movie rights of Pablo Escobar, Univision Channel 34, 2016
- Tre Lovell discusses ramifications of upcoming Taylor Swift trial., Tre Lovell Discusses Taylor Swift Case, Associated Press, 2017
Office location for Tre Lovell
1875 Century Park East
Los Angeles, CA 90067
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2023