Top rated estate & trust litigation attorney in Los Angeles, CaliforniaGinzburg & Bronshteyn, APC
A legal issue can affect everyone in the family - something that Yasha Bronshteyn knows well. As an attorney at Ginzburg & Bronshteyn, APC, he works with clients in Los Angeles County and across the state of California. Through his family law practice, Mr. Bronshteyn handles cases that involve child and spousal support, paternity, child custody and visitation, divorce and high net worth divorce, prenuptial agreements and the division of marital assets, and domestic violence restraining orders. He also represents clients in dispute resolution, real estate transactions, and estate planning and elder law issues such as the following: funding, incapacity, irrevocable trusts, elder abuse, conservatorships, guardianships, probate, litigation and administration.
Chaired or second–chaired numerous contentious conservatorship trials and financial elder abuse, beneficiary disputes and disputes regarding the validity of wills and trusts and undue influence. Part of litigation and research team for the contentious billion dollar Sterling vs. Sterling Probate Matter in 2014. Extensive research and writing experience including but not limited to briefs, motions and other discovery practice. Extensive deposition experience both taking and defending. Also, handle mid- sized estate planning matters.
Serves on the Probate Volunteer Panel of the Los Angeles Superior Court. Serves on panel as Court Appointed Counsel for Probate Department of the San Diego Superior Court.
Yasha Bronshteyn has attended the Continuing Education of the Bar Lectures, classes in California decedent estate administration, including the 12-hour classes in the fundamentals of estate planning and the 6-hour classes in revocable trusts, wills, and elder law.
Mr. Bronshteyn is able to work with clients to find the most effective solution for everyone in the family. While he is keen on protecting someone’s rights, he also understands the short- and long-term effects that these cases can have. He has the ability to look ahead and develop a plan that will best serve someone’s future. For his adherence to legal ethics and superior legal skills, Mr. Bronshteyn holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
After graduating with honors and a Bachelor of Science in political science in 1996 from the University of California, Los Angeles, Mr. Bronshteyn went on to earn a Juris Doctor from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles. He is fluent in Russian.
As a member of The State Bar of California’s Trusts and Estates Section, Mr. Bronshteyn is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Best Lawyers in America®
Practice areasEstate & trust litigation, Estate planning & probate, Family law
Will contests, Guardianships & conservatorships, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Custody & visitation, Divorce, Paternity, Marital property
- 50% Estate & trust litigation
- 30% Estate planning & probate
- 20% Family law
First Admitted: 2000, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.gbllp-law.com/lawyer-attorney-1996926.html
- Defended owner of National Basketball Association in Probate Trial after spouse filed Petition for Approval of Team Sale without consent under Trust Provisions related to incompetence. Represented beneficiary in 9 day trial concerning issues such as Lack of Capacity, Undue Influence, Quiet Title, Independent Review, and Gifts to Caregivers. Represented Personal Representative at Trial based on Petition for Order Directing Conveyance of Property to Estate, Request for Double Damages and Punitive Damages. Represented sibling at trial on a highly contested conservatorship proceeding, with multiple competing petitioners. Represented co-conservators at trial on an accounting in contested conservatorship proceeding. Represented Conservator of the Person and Estate at trial. Conservator's theories of recovery were based on conversion of conservatee's real property, Elder abuse, and the power of the court to adjudicate an estate's claims against persons charged with embezzling, concealing, or otherwise wrongfully taking or retaining property belong to the estate. (Probate Code §850(a)(2)(D) & Probate Code §859). Represented spouse with complex dissolution given entertainment industry issues.
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® Only lawyers with the highest ethical standards and professional ability receive a Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating. The Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings evaluates lawyers based on the anonymous opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary, including both those who are rated and those who are not.
- Serve of the Probate Volunteer Panel of the Los Angeles Superior Court.
- “AV Preeminent” Martindale-Hubble rated by peers
- The University of California, Bachelor of Science Degree with Honors, Political Science Los Angeles, 1996
- The Federal Court Eastern District of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, member
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Member
- The Federal Court Southern District of California
- California State Bar Association, Sections: Trusts & Estates, Member Executive Committee
- The Federal Court Northern District of California
- The Federal Court for the Central District of California
Office location for Yasha Bronshteyn
11755 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2023