Paul S. Avilla
Top rated Business Litigation attorney in Los Gatos, CaliforniaMcPharlin Sprinkles & Thomas LLP
Paul S. Avilla is a member of McPharlin Sprinkles & Thomas LLP located in San Jose, California. He is a litigator with 38 years of experience at the trial and appellate levels representing clients in a wide variety of disputes involving employment, real estate, business relationships and general commercial transactions. Mr. Avilla also advises employers on best employment practices and legal compliance. Mr. Avilla is part of a firm that provides the high quality legal services typical of a large corporate firm, while maintaining the focus on client relationships found in a small boutique practice.
Mr. Avilla was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1985 from Pepperdine University School of Law. During his time in law school, he served on the school's Moot Court Board and was also a published member of the Pepperdine Law Review. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Avilla received his Bachelor of Science in economics in 1982 from the University of California, Los Angeles. Admitted to practice in California, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Central and Eastern Districts of California.
As a member of the Judicial Council of California Advisory Committee on Civil Jury Instructions, Mr. Avilla helped draft the civil jury instructions used by California trial courts in employment cases. He previously served as a member of the Executive Committee of the William H. Ingram Inn of Court, an organization of lawyers, judges and law students that promotes civility, ethics and professionalism in the practice of law. He is a member of the Santa Clara County Bar Association and previously served on the executive committee of its Business Law/Litigation Section. Mr. Avilla has also been a member of the executive committee of the State Bar of California Labor and Employment Law Section.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Employment Litigation: Defense
Employment Discrimination, Employment Law - Employer
- 70% Business Litigation
- 30% Employment Litigation: Defense
First Admitted: 1985, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.mstpartners.com/employment-law/attorneys/paul-s-...
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- Sixth Appellate District of the California Court of Appeal
- Member, Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Executive Committee of the California State Bar's Labor & Employment Law Section
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Member of the California Judicial Council Advisory Committee that helped draft CACI jury instructions for employment cases
- Moot Court Board, Pepperdine University, 1985
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- Member of the William A. Ingram Inn of Court, member of the Executive Committee 2012-2020., 1995
- U.S. District Court, before the Ninth Circuit Bankruptcy Appellate Panel
- Executive Committee of the Business Litigation Section of the County Bar Association
- Published member of the Law Review, Pepperdine University, 1985
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- Member, Pepperdine Law Review, Pepperdine University School of Law
- UCLA, B.S. in Economics, 1982
- Qualified as Arbitrator with the American Arbitration Association for Consumer Arbitrations., 2021
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Washington as well as California, 2023
Office location for Paul S. Avilla
720 University Ave
Los Gatos, CA 95032
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2023