Sharon G. Pratt
Top Rated Real Estate Attorney in Los Gatos, CA
The founder of Pratt & Associates, located in Los Gatos, California, Sharon G. Pratt represents clients in California and throughout the Bay Area. She focuses her practice on matters involving real estate law, homeowners’ associations and property issues. This includes construction, common interest developments and litigation.
With over 36 years of experience in the legal field, Ms. Pratt is well-versed in contract review and preparation, fair housing law, civil litigation, elections and recalls, corporate governance, financial issues, and construction and architectural review. Ms. Pratt has a Bachelor of Science degree in business finance from the University of Southern California Marshall School of Business. She obtained her Juris Doctor from the Santa Clara University School of Law.
Professional and diligent, Ms. Pratt has a reputation for providing dedicated legal services and personal attention to every case. Focusing on her clients’ interests, she zealously advocates for their rights and liberties. With a stalwart commitment to her clients’ needs, she handles every case in an efficient and cost-effective manner. She has received an “Excellent” rating on Avvo for the noteworthy legal services she provides.
Ms. Pratt is admitted to practice in California and Nevada and before the United States District Court for the Central District of California, the United States District Court for the Northern District of California and the United States District Court for the Southern District of California. She is a firm believer in giving back to society and has volunteered her time with the Junior League of San Jose by serving on its board and public affairs committee. She is an active volunteer at the Los Gatos Rowing Club and a member of the National Charity League, Inc.
Ms. Pratt is actively affiliated with her legal community and has memberships in many renowned legal associations including the Santa Clara County Bar Association, The Bar Association of San Francisco, the Executive Council of Homeowners, the National Association of Women Business Owners, the San Jose Chamber of Commerce, the California Associations Institute, the California Association of Community Managers and the Santa Clara Law Alumni.
About Sharon G. Pratt
First Admitted: 1985, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.prattattorneys.com/our-attorneys/sharon-glenn-pr...
- Recreational Use Immunity (ECHO Magazine, 2017)
- Panel Presenter, CACM Northern California Law Seminar, 2018
- Senate Bill 721 and Building Inspections (ECHO Annual Seminar, 2017)
- De-escalating Conflict and Navigating Difficult Personalities, CACM Annual Seminar, 2017
- What Happens When Disasters Happen? (ECHO Roundtable Seminar 2007)
- Avoiding Illegal Board Activity and Lawsuits (ECHO Magazine, 2015)
- Choosing a Vendor (CACM Law Journal, 2015)
- Oh No, Not In My Neighbor’s Backyard (August 2014)
- Immunity, Insurance, and Indemnity (ECHO Magazine, 2014)
- Funding Litigation (ECHO Magazine, 2014)
- How Can CC&Rs Which I Have Never Read Or Signed Control What I Can Do? (2012, with Patricia A. Wendleton)
- You Be The Judge (Echo South Bay Meeting, October 2011)
- HOA 101 (Board Study Session West Court Townhouse HOA June 2008)
- Entering Into Contracts for HOA’s - An Overview (ECHO Roundtable Seminar 2008)
Pro bono/Community Service
- California Associations Institute
- Santa Clara Law Alumni
- California Association of Community Managers
- San Jose Chamber of Commerce
- National Association of Women Business Owners
- Executive Council of Homeowners (ECHO)
- Former board member of Junior League of San Jose, Public affairs committee
- Sustaining member of National Charity League
- Parent member and volunteer for Los Gatos Rowing Club
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- Nevada Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- San Francisco Bar Association
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Country Side Villa Homeowners Association v. Ivie, (2011) 193 Cal. App. 4th 1110
- State Compensation Insurance Fund v. Selma Trailer and Manufacturing, (1989) 210 Cal. App. 3d 740
- Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California, B.S., Business Finance, 1981
- Common Interest Developments
- Homeowners Associations
Last Updated: 5/15/2022