Thomas E. Rossmeissl
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in Los Gatos, CA
Planning how their assets should be divided and their affairs handled after they pass on may be uncomfortable for many people. As the owner of the Law Office of Thomas E. Rossmeissl, Mr. Rossmeissl understands the importance of estate planning. He offers dedicated legal guidance and representation to clients in San Jose and Los Gatos, California, and throughout Santa Clara County.
With more than 30 years of experience, Mr. Rossmeissl focuses his practice on estate planning and trust law, handling cases involving estate administration and litigation, trust administration and litigation, powers of attorney and nominations of guardians. He helps clients prepare wills, establish revocable living trusts, and designate trusted family members, friends, or professional fiduciaries to make important decisions on their behalf if they become incapacitated. It is Mr. Rossmeissl's goal to help his clients find peace of mind in knowing that they have made the estate administration process as smooth as possible for their loved ones.
Mr. Rossmeissl is a Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. He graduated summa cum laude from the University of California, Davis with a Bachelor of Arts in psychology in 1984, and he received a Juris Doctor from Georgetown Law in 1990, graduating magna cum laude. Gaining experience after law school in large and small law firms, and having served as regional trust manager for a major bank, Mr. Rossmeissl has built his career assisting high net worth individuals with complex estate and business law matters. Well versed in dispute resolution and business litigation, he has an Avvo "Superb" rating and has received the highest possible rating of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Active in the legal community, Mr. Rossmeissl is a member of numerous professional associations, including the Santa Clara County Estate Planning Council, the Santa Clara County Bar Association and The State Bar of California. He also serves on the board of trustees for the Silicon Valley Bar Association.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.
- 50%Estate Planning & Probate
- 50%Estate & Trust Litigation
Estate Planning, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills, Will Contests
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- California Board of Legal Specialization
Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law
About Thomas E. Rossmeissl
First Admitted: 1990, California
Professional Webpage: http://rossmeissllaw.com/about/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member, Citizens Oversight Bond Committee, Union School District
- Santa Clara County Estate Planning Council
- California, 1990
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- Silicon Valley Bar Association, Board of Trustees
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- Santa Clara County Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- University of California, Davis, California B.A., (Summa Cum Laude) – 1984, Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, DC, Law Review: The Georgetown Law Journal, 1990
- Peer rated “AV Preeminent” for ethical standards and legal ability, Martindale-Hubbell, 2015
- Avvo Rating 10.0 Superb, Top Estate Planning Attorney
- Avvo Top Contributor Award, Estate Planning, 2014
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, DC, Order of the Coif, 1990
- Avvo Rating 10.0 Superb, Top Litigation Attorney
- Avvo Client’s Choice Award, Litigation, 2012
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, DC, Magna Cum Laude, 1990
- Avvo Client’s Choice Award, Estate Planning, 2014
- Certified Specialist in Trust, Estate & Probate Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, 2016
Last Updated: 5/15/2022