Verdicts and Settlements
Sexual Assault and Rape
$45.4M Jury Award
- “F.M.”, a minor, was repeatedly assaulted by as many as 15 different men between 2010 and 2012. The Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) of Los Angeles County was aware of the evidence that F.M. was living with a convicted child molester, yet did nothing. This was the #8 award in the State of California for the year.
- A 15-year-old girl was sexually abused and kidnapped by her teacher at San Gabriel Mission High School. The Archdiocese of Los Angeles agreed to pay $8 million in a settlement award. This is the largest individual settlement agreement for a sexual abuse case in the Archdiocese’s history.
- Jane, a teenager, was sexually assaulted by an adult relative one time.
- $7.5 million settlement for a female #metoo sexual assault victim against her employer.
- Largest sexual assault recovery against police agency in CA; a female was raped by a Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputy during a traffic stop in 2010.
- Female raped at a West Hollywood nightclub by one of the club’s employees; Club held liable for negligent supervision and negligent security practices. Janice H. v. Here Lounge
- Female client was raped by her Lead Driver while working as a student driver for a national trucking company.
- Female was raped at gunpoint in a Los Angeles shopping mall; Mall owner and security company held liable in premises liability and negligent security claims.
- Sexual abuse case brought on behalf of an individual who was sexually abused while she was a minor by her mentor at an aquarium operated by the City of Los Angeles. Adrienne McColl v. Cabrillo Marine Aquarium, et al.
Sexual Abuse at School
- Two students were sexually abused and groomed by their band teacher Samuel Neipp, a former music teacher at Dartmouth Middle School.
- The firm represented multiple plaintiffs in the Santa Monica PAL/Eric Uller abuse case. The City of Santa Monica covered up the abuse.
- A 13-year-old boy was abused almost daily by a supervisor at the Westerly School in Long Beach, California. Despite suspicions of abuse by one former employee, and incidents involving other teachers, none of this behavior is ever reported to the police. Stephen W. v. Westerly School of Long Beach
- Two adult women sexually abused by their middle school teacher recovered the largest “per victim” settlement in the nation: $7 million each.
- Boy sexually abused by teacher off school premises. School district previously received anonymous letter warning that teacher was acting improperly with boys.
Confidential 8-figure Settlement
- Two girls molested by a school teacher resulted in an eight-figure settlement.
- Fourteen-year-old female student was manipulated into a sexual relationship with her eighth-grade teacher. The school district was liable for its negligent supervision of the student and the teacher. M. vs. Pomona Unified School District
- Six boys sexually abused by fourth grade teacher; school principal wrote an untrue “glowing” letter of recommendation for teacher in exchange for his promise to quietly resign from his job.
- Wrongful death case involving the drowning of a 7-year-old child.
- Wrongful death case against a prominent ride-sharing company.
- A wrongful death case against the LAPD, 30 years in the making. In a published decision, the California Court of Appeal upheld the verdict against Los Angeles Police Detective Stephanie Lazarus for the murder of Sherri Rasmussen more than 30 years ago. Nels Rasmussen et al. v. Stephanie Lazarus
Motor Vehicle and Motorcycle Accidents
- Company president allowed wife to drive a company-owned vehicle four days after a wife failed DMV road exam; wife then caused a serious accident injuring a motorcyclist. Mallabo v. Wan Hai Lines (America)
- Improperly serviced asphalt truck caused chain collision on freeway; two died and a surviving passenger suffered brain damage. Pascua/White vs. Industrial Asphalt
Train, Subway and Mass Transit Accidents
- A man was struck by a Los Angeles Metropolitan Transportation Authority train while it was pulling out of the station resulting in severe injuries, including brain injury, traumatic amputation of his left foot and dislocated shoulder.
- 39-year-old woman severely injured when the Metrolink train in which she was riding collided with another train in Chatsworth.
Insurance Bad Faith
- Insurance bad faith action arising from aviation accident which resulted in deaths of three men. Santesson v. Beech Aircraft
- Failure to timely resolve UIM claim. Defendant maintained a list of and discriminated against lawyers who primarily represented African Americans and Hispanic claimants and company policy to cases.
Dangerous and Defective Products
- 42-year-old truck driver rendered paraplegic after a defective forklift toppled over on top of him while he was making a delivery.
- 25-year-old factory worker suffered arm amputation while operating a defective bread dough mixer.
Premises Liability and Dangerous Property Conditions
- Award for battery and conspiracy against nightclub owner in business dispute with client who was kidnapped at gunpoint and shot when jumping from car to escape. Chao v. Ma
- 10-year-old boy was severely burned as a result of a public park’s dangerous condition.
John Taylor and Dave Ring Named to 2022 Daily Journal Top Plaintiff Lawyers List!, By Taylor & Ring | June 8, 2022
Investigation Uncovers Culture of Rape at Dublin, CA’s Women’s Prison, By John C. Taylor | May 23, 2022
Netflix “Cheer” Star Charged with Child Pornography, By David M. Ring | May 16, 2022
Trevor Bauer Won’t Face Criminal Charges, By David M. Ring | May 9, 2022
Snoop Dogg Accused of Sexual Assault, By David M. Ring | May 2, 2022
John Taylor and Robert Clayton Secure $6.5M Settlement in Fatal Car Chase Case, By John C. Taylor | April 28, 2022
Taylor & Ring Secures $102M Verdict in Sexual Assault Lawsuit Against Union School District, By David M. Ring | March 31, 2022
Judge Orders Release of Body-Cam Footage of the Killing of Edward P. Manning, By David M. Ring | February 18, 2022
When Sexual Abuse Happens to Adults, By John C. Taylor | February 14, 2022
The Effects of Sexual Harassment in Everyday Life, By David M. Ring | February 7, 2022
Sexual Abuse Committed by Doctors, By John C. Taylor | January 31, 2022
Educating Ourselves on Human Trafficking in the United States, By John C. Taylor | January 24, 2022
Taylor & Ring Partners Selected for 2022 Southern California Super Lawyers List, By Taylor & Ring | January 20, 2022
California Colleges and Sexual Harassment, By David M. Ring | January 17, 2022
Marilyn Manson Under Investigation for Assault, By David M. Ring | January 13, 2022
Female Firefighters Speak Out About Sexual Harassment, By John C. Taylor | December 13, 2021
Santa Ana Survivor Finally Gets Justice After 38 Years, By John C. Taylor | December 6, 2021
Sexual Abuse Lawsuits Are Still Being Filed Against the Catholic Church, By John C. Taylor | November 29, 2021
USC Fraternity Sigma Nu Facing Accusations of Drugs, Sexual Assault, By David M. Ring | November 22, 2021
What You Need to Know about California’s New Sexual Assault Laws, By David M. Ring | November 15, 2021
Taylor & Ring Named to Best Law Firms for 2022, By Taylor & Ring | November 9, 2021
SB 215 Will Allow Sexual Assault Survivors to Track Progress of Rape Kits, By David M. Ring | October 25, 2021
Is It Time to Update Sexual Harassment Prevention Training?, By John C. Taylor | October 19, 2021
California Senate Passes “Silenced No More” Act, By John C. Taylor | October 11, 2021
Ron Jeremy Faces Multiple Rape and Sexual Assault Charges, By David M. Ring | October 4, 2021
California Set to Classify “Stealthing” as Sexual Battery, By David M. Ring | September 27, 2021
What Are My Rights as a Transgender Employee?, By Taylor & Ring | September 21, 2021
Apple’s Delaying Its Campaign to Protect Kids from Sexual Predators, By David M. Ring | September 13, 2021
LGBTQ Troops More Likely to Experience Sexual Assault, According to Study, By John C. Taylor | September 7, 2021
As Students Return to Campus, So Does Sexual Assault, By David M. Ring | August 30, 2021
Los Osos High School Coach Arrested After Hidden Camera Found in Girls’ Bathroom, By David M. Ring | August 27, 2021
Congratulations to Our Lawyers for Being Named to the 2022 Best Lawyers List, By Taylor & Ring | August 19, 2021
Uber Settles Sexual Assault Data Case, Slashing Fine from $59M to $150,000, By Taylor & Ring | August 16, 2021
Former Gynecologist Accused of Assaulting Over 100 Patients Facing More Charges, By John C. Taylor | August 9, 2021
Boy Scouts of America Reaches Historic $850 Million Settlement, By John C. Taylor | August 2, 2021
Old Yearbook Photo Leads to Sexual Harassment Suit Against Berkeley High School Teacher, By John C. Taylor | July 26, 2021
Assault, Harassment, or Rape: Learn the Terms Associated with Sexual Abuse, By John C. Taylor | July 19, 2021
John Taylor & Dave Ring Named to Los Angeles Business Journal’s Leaders of Influence List, By John C. Taylor | July 12, 2021
Elite Cate School in Carpinteria Under Scrutiny for Sexual Assault Allegations, By John C. Taylor | July 6, 2021
Former California Priest Arrested on Sexual Assault Charges, By David M. Ring | July 6, 2021
Fatal San Diego Human Trafficking Boat Accident Shines a Light on Serious Issue, By John C. Taylor | July 1, 2021
Elite Thacher School in Ojai Admits to “Decades” of Sexual Assault Allegations, By David M. Ring | June 17, 2021
John Taylor and Dave Ring Named Top Plaintiff Lawyers by Daily Journal, By John C. Taylor | June 9, 2021
UPDATE: New Lawsuits Filed by Victims of Louis Merano Against LAUSD, By David M. Ring | June 8, 2021
John Taylor & Brendan Gilbert Fighting for Victim of Sexual Abuse by Hamilton High School Teacher, By David M. Ring | May 24, 2021
Taylor & Ring’s Lawsuit Against Lucia Mar Reveals That the Bus Driver Who Molested a 9-Year-Old Plaintiff Never Should Have Been Hired, By David M. Ring | May 21, 2021
Natalie Weatherford Named to the Daily Journal’s Top Women Lawyers 2021 List, By David M. Ring | May 19, 2021
Taylor & Ring Files Lawsuit Against PSUSD, CVUSD for Failing to Protect Students from Sexual Assault, By Brendan Gilbert | May 17, 2021
Natalie Weatherford and John Taylor Secure a Record Setting $5 Million Settlement in Rape Case against CRST Trucking, By David M. Ring | May 11, 2021
What Is Considered “Inappropriate Touching” at Work?, By David M. Ring | May 3, 2021
New Bill Would Let Sexual Assault Survivors Track the Results of Their Rape Kits, By John C. Taylor | April 26, 2021
Bill Would Classify Nonconsensual Removal of Condom as Sexual Battery, By John C. Taylor | April 19, 2021
Federal Court Ruling: Police Disciplinary Records Cannot Remain Confidential, By John C. Taylor | April 12, 2021
Giorgio Raul Garcia, Former Juvenile Court Counselor, Faces Multiple Counts of Sexual Assault of a Minor, By John C. Taylor | April 6, 2021
Taylor & Weatherford Fight for Victims Assaulted by Sacramento Nurse, By John C. Taylor | April 5, 2021
Taylor & Gehlawat Representing Victims of Racist Rant by Former Palmdale Teacher, By John C. Taylor | March 30, 2021
Now Everyone Will See What Happened to Joseph Perez, By John C. Taylor | March 29, 2021
Dave Ring & Sonya Ostovar Fight for More Santa Monica PAL Sex Abuse Victims, By John C. Taylor | March 23, 2021
Why OnlyFans Is a Dangerous Place for Teenagers, By John C. Taylor | March 15, 2021
Uber Slammed With $59M Fine for Protecting Rape Reports, By John C. Taylor | March 8, 2021
Ron Jeremy’s Sexual Assault Charges Shed Light on Abuse in the Industry, By David M. Ring | March 1, 2021
Is Peter Nygard the New Jeffrey Epstein?, By John C. Taylor | February 23, 2021
Taylor & Ring Attorneys Named to 2021 Southern California Super Lawyers List, By Taylor & Ring | February 16, 2021
John C. Taylor & Dave M. Ring Named to 2021 Lawdragon 500 Leading Lawyers in America, By Taylor & Ring | February 2, 2021
Speaking Out on Campus Sexual Assault – “Voices of Brown”, By John C. Taylor | January 11, 2021
Olivia Horton Is the 2020 Recipient of Taylor & Ring’s Annual Victim Advocate Scholarship, By Taylor & Ring | January 6, 2021
Sexual Harassment in Wine Industry Leads to Suspensions of Seven Master Sommeliers, By John C. Taylor | January 4, 2021
Connect With Us
- 80%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 10%Civil Rights
All Practice Areas
All Focus Areas
Super Lawyers selects attorneys to the Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists using a patented multiphase selection process. Peer nominations and evaluations are combined with independent research. Each candidate is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Selections are made on an annual, state-by-state basis. Learn more about selection