Alice A. Shaw
Top rated Family Law attorney in Menlo Park, CaliforniaFlicker, Kerin, Kruger & Bissada LLP
Alice A. Shaw is a Certified Family Law Specialist* and Partner with Flicker, Kerin, Kruger & Bissada LLP, which has law offices in Menlo Park and San Ramon, California. A top-rated attorney with over ten years of experience, Ms. Shaw focuses her practice solely on family law. She is skilled in a variety of representation forms, including consulting for mediation, proceedings before private judges, attorney negotiated settlement and litigation. Ms. Shaw provides exceptional counsel and support to clients throughout the greater Bay Area who are facing divorce, custody, or other complex family law issues.
Ms. Shaw has gained a reputation for her enthusiasm and passion for the law, as well as her caring nature and compassion for those she represents. She delivers highly personalized guidance to her clients and assists them in making informed decisions regarding child custody and support, spousal support, property division, and related matters. She works tirelessly to help her clients achieve their goals as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
Honored for her outstanding professionalism and service, Ms. Shaw received the Queen's Bench Service Award in 2019 and was recognized as a Top 100 Family Law Attorney by the American Academy of Attorneys in 2019. She has also received other top rankings and endorsements from her peers, along with numerous testimonials and referrals from her satisfied clients.
A 2009 honors graduate of the University of California, Berkeley, Ms. Shaw obtained her Juris Doctor from Golden Gate University School of Law in 2011. While in law school, she received the CALI Award for Water Law, served on the moot court board and received her Certificate of Specialization with Distinction in Environmental Law. After law school, Ms. Shaw spent two years as a civil litigator before applying her significant trial experience to family law.
Ms. Shaw is an officer and a director of the Queen’s Bench Bar Association, where she also served as the Centennial (100th) Year President in 2021. She is on the Color of Justice Board, organized by the National Association of Women Judges and California Women Lawyers. Ms. Shaw is also an active member of the State Bar of California and the San Mateo and Santa Clara County Bar Associations, among her other professional affiliations.
* Certified Family Law Specialist by the State Car of California Board of Legal Specialization
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2011, California
Professional Webpage: https://fkkblaw.com/attorneys/alice-a-shaw-purdy/
- American Academy of Attorneys Top 100 Family Law Attorney, 2019
- Queen’s Bench Service Award, 2019
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2019 – Present
- Certified Family Law Specialist by the State Car of California Board of Legal Specialization
- Queen’s Bench Board, Officer, Director, and 2021 Centennial President
- Juvenile Hall, Volunteer Mentor
- National Association of Women Judges and California Women Lawyers, Color of Justice Committee, Member, 2016-Present
- San Francisco Bar Association’s Justice and Diversity Center, Volunteer Attorney
- Bay Area Legal Aid, Volunteer Attorney
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of California, Member
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Member
- Presenter, Family Law Legal Custody Update to the San Mateo County Psychological Association, 2018
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A. in English
- University of California, Berkeley, B.S. in Conservation and Resource Studies, Honors: Environmental Science Honors Research Program Thesis
Office location for Alice A. Shaw
120 Santa Margarita Avenue
Menlo Park, CA 94025
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2023
Certificates and credentials