Top rated Employment & Labor attorney in Mission Viejo, CaliforniaSessions & Kimball, LLP
A constant source of support for workers whose rights have been infringed, Don Sessions handles employment law cases in his role as founding and senior partner at Sessions & Kimball LLP. He advocates for people in Mission Viejo and throughout Southern Orange County, California. Exclusively focusing on the issues that affect employees, Mr. Sessions routinely addresses matters such as discrimination, harassment, unpaid wages and wrongful termination.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Sessions has recovered awards that total in the millions of dollars. These come through arbitration, negotiations, settlements and litigation. For example, in a case in which a client suffered discrimination, Mr. Sessions tried to negotiate. When that was unsuccessful, he filed a class action lawsuit, which resulted in a seven-figure settlement for his client.
For his accomplishments, Mr. Sessions holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell; he has an Avvo “Superb” rating; he has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America; and he is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Widely published, Mr. Sessions has authored over 1000 columns and many books for law school about employee rights. Additionally, national and local media often seek him for commentary with over fifty appearances. He is a member of the Orange County Bar Association’s Labor & Employment Law Section, and the Orange County Chapter of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society.
After earning a Bachelor of Science in political science in 1973 from Brigham Young University, Mr. Sessions received a Juris Doctor in 1976 from Loyola Law School in Los Angeles.
When he is not at work, he enjoys life with his family, his wife, four children and seventeen grandchildren.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEmployment & Labor: Employee, Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
Employment Discrimination, Employment Law - Employee, Employment Law - Employer, Labor Law, Retaliation, Sexual Harassment, Unions, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- 80% Employment & Labor: Employee
- 20% Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1976, California
Professional Webpage: http://job-law.com/don-d-sessions/
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society, International Membership Chair, 2004 - current date.
- Orange County Bar Association, Member of the Board of Directors, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- Orange County Chapter, J. Reuben Clark Law Society, Chair, 2003
- Orange County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section, Past Chair
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society, Past Chair
- California Bar Association
- California Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section
- Deseret Business Association, President
- Orange County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law section, Chair, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- “Win at Work” nationally syndicated column
- The Los Angeles Times columnist on Employee Rights issues for a decade
- The Orange County Register ongoing columnist
- EEO BiMonthly columnist
- The Orange County Register for a decade
- Wrongful Termination Law (355 pages)
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace (354 pages)
- "Employee Rights in California"
- Western State University, College of Law, on Employment Law, Wrongful Termination Law, Sexual Harassment in the Workplace, Wage and Hour Law, and Negotiation, Adjunct Professor
- Employee Rights in California (276 pages)
- Employment Discrimination-Editor of ABA sponsored supplement to major treatise
- Brigham Young University, B.S., 1971
- Named a “Southern California Super Lawyer”, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2013
- Named a “Southern California Super Lawyer”, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2014
- “AV” (highest rating), Martindale-Hubbell, attorney-ranking organization
- “Super Lawyer” in Employment Law, Super Lawyers Magazine
- Named a “Southern California Super Lawyer”, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2012
- Named a “Southern California Super Lawyer”, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2016
- Highest Ratings of “10.0″ (“superb”) with AVVO attorney ranking service
- Perfect 10/10 rating, Online legal referral service Avvo
- Lifetime Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Named a “Southern California Super Lawyer”, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2015
- Named as one of California’s “Best Lawyers”, The Best Lawyers in America, featured in The Wall Street Journal, 2016
- One of the best employee-rights attorneys in California
Office location for Don Sessions
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2024