Rivers J. Morrell, III
Top rated personal injury attorney in Mission Viejo, CaliforniaLaw Firm of Rivers J. Morrell, III
Attorney Rivers J. Morrell, III, is the founder and principal of the Law Firm of Rivers J. Morrell, III, which has offices in Mission Viejo and Irvine, California. Nationally ranked as among the preeminent trial attorneys in America, Mr. Morrell has more than 47 years of total legal experience, and he provides unmatched advocacy and support to clients throughout Orange County and the surrounding areas who have suffered injuries or loss as a result of someone else's negligence.
Board-certified as both a civil pretrial advocate and a civil trial advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, Mr. Morrell has achieved significant success helping individuals and families with their serious personal injury and wrongful death claims arising from motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, unsafe property conditions and other preventable tragedies. From his efforts, he has recovered millions of dollars in total compensation for his plaintiff clients, and he has earned numerous awards and honors for his outstanding professionalism and service.
Among his most notable accolades, Mr. Morrell has earned an AV-Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell as well as designation as being among the Top 100 Litigation Attorneys in State of California from the American Society of Legal Advocates. He has also received designation as among the Nation's Top 1% of trial lawyers from the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, and Lawdragon voted him among the Top 3000 Attorneys in United States. He has also earned memberships in the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums.
Honored for his unwavering commitment to those he has served, Mr. Morrell has also received Superb, 10 out of 10, client ratings on Avvo and the site's Clients' Choice Award from 2012 to 2015. He has also received many testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 1970 graduate of the University of California at Berkeley, Mr. Morrell obtained his Juris Doctor from Golden Gate University School of Law in 1973. He is a fellow with the prestigious American College of Board Certified Attorneys and member of the Elite Lawyers of America and the American Board of Trial Advocates Foundation as well as many other local, state and national legal organizations. He also conducts lectures and continuing legal education seminars across his region on a variety of legal topics.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff
Animal bites, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 100% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1973, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.rjmlawfirm.com/irvine-attorney-rivers-morrell/te...
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates Foundation
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Member, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates
- Top 100 Litigation Attorneys in State of California, American Society of Legal Advocates
- Top 1% in the Nation, National Association of Distinguished Counsel, 2014
- AV-Preeminent Rating, 5 out of 5, Martindale-Hubbell
- Member, Elite Lawyers of America
- Fellow, American College of Board Certified Attorneys
- Top 3000 attorneys in United States, Lawdragon
- Clients Choice Award, Avvo, 2012-2015
- Rated 10 out of 10, Top Personal Injury Attorney, Avvo
- Board Certified Civil Pre-Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy (NBTA)
- Lecturer, Trial Advocacy Skills, MCLE
- University of California at Berkeley, B.S., Major: Economics, 1970
- STD Transmission cases
Office location for Rivers J. Morrell, III
27201 Puerta Real #470
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2023