Stephen C. Kimball
Top Rated Employment Litigation Attorney in Mission Viejo, CA
- Free Consultation
A founding partner at the Mission Viejo law firm of Sessions & Kimball LLP, Stephen Kimball serves clients throughout southern California. He has focused his entire law practice on providing tenacious advocacy and thoughtful counsel in cases pertaining to employment law and employee rights, and as a result, has helped recover over $100 million on behalf of employees.
A graduate of the University of San Diego School of Law, Stephen Kimball has experience trying cases in both state and federal courts. He has admittance to practice before all courts in California, as well as the U.S. District Courts for the Central and Southern Districts of California. Mr. Kimball’s reputation for providing skilled litigation advocacy has earned significant recognition from the legal community, such as his recognition as the Orange County Best Lawyers 2020 "Lawyer of the Year" in Employment Law, 2020 Super Lawyers, and 2020 Top 100 Labor & Employment Lawyers in California.
Mr. Kimball has published a number of articles in both the Los Angeles Times and The Orange County Register, and he has a 10 out of 10 “Superb” rating from Avvo. In addition to his active membership in the Orange County Bar Association, 2000 Chair of the Labor & Employment sections of the OCBA, the J. Reuben Clark Law Society, he served as an adjunct professor at the Western State College of Law. Attorney Kimball is also a frequent panelist for various legal events and seminars.
Due to his reputation as an accomplished trial attorney, employees who are victims of rights violations and have other employment law concerns continue to turn to Stephen Kimball for direction and assistance in pursuit of a positive outcome to their cases.
- 50%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 50%Employment & Labor: Employee
Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Employment Law - Employee, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2006, 2016 - 2023
About Stephen C. Kimball
First Admitted: 1991, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.job-law.com/stephen_c_kimball.html
- Published numerous articles in The Los Angeles Times and The Orange County Register regarding employee rights
- Editor, The Legal Light, Newsletter of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society, 2004 - 2006
- Adjunct Professor, Western State University College of Law, teaching courses on Sexual Harassment, Labor Law, Wage and Hour Law, and Wrongful Termination Law, 1999 - 2005
- Frequent panelist in seminars for attorneys in all areas of Labor and Employment Law for their State Bar educational credit
- Orange County Bar Association
- US District Court, Southern District of California
- Orange County Chapter of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society, Board of Directors, 2004 - 2006
- US District Court, Central District of California
- Orange County Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section, Vice-Chair and Chair, 1999-2000
- Brigham Young University, B.S., 1987
- A perfect 5 out of 5 rating., AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell's Peer Rated Highest Level of Professional Excellence, 2020
- , Named as one of California’s “Best Lawyers”, Best Lawyers, 2021
- *, Perfect 10/10 rating, Avvo, 2020
- *, 2020 "Lawyer of the Year" award in Orange County for Employment Law - Individuals, Best Lawyers, 2020
- *, Named a “Southern California Super Lawyer”, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2020
- *, Named a “Top 100 Attorney”, The American Society of Legal Advocates, 2020
- *, Named as one of California’s “Best Lawyers”, The Best Lawyers in America, 2020
- *, “Super Lawyer” in Employment Litigation, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2020
Last Updated: 7/6/2022