Top rated Bankruptcy attorney in Mission Viejo, CaliforniaThe Law Offices of Thomas H. Casey
As a bankruptcy attorney representing businesses in California, Thomas Casey is founder of The Law Offices of Thomas H. Casey. With over 30 years of experience as a court appointed receiver, bankruptcy trustee and attorney, he has extensive experience in Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 cases and worked for the Office of the United States Trustee as a staff attorney. For his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, he holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
With a Bachelor of Arts earned in 1982 from Fairfield University, Mr. Casey entered law school at the New England Law | Boston and earned his Juris Doctor. A respected attorney and engaging lecturer, he has spoken on topics of bankruptcy law for the Orange County Bar Association Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section and the Orange County Bankruptcy Forum and is admitted to practice in California and Massachusetts state courts, as well as before the United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
Mr. Casey is a past member of the board of directors of the Orange County Bankruptcy Forum and a current member of the Orange County Bar Association and the National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees. A member of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California Mediation Panel, he has been named the mediator with the most settled mediations by the Santa Ana Division several times.
A talented, experienced writer, Mr. Casey has published opinions in the California Bankruptcy Journal. As an ethical, highly skilled attorney, he creates a way for businesses to obtain a fresh financial start with bankruptcy.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasBankruptcy: Business
- 100% Bankruptcy: Business
First Admitted: 1986, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.tomcaseylaw.com/index.php
- Fairfield University, Bachelor of Arts, 1982
- Orange County Bankruptcy Forum
- Settlement Officer for U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 1996–2017
- Member, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section, Orange county Bar Association
- Mediation Panel for U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California, 1995–present
- Massachusetts, 1986
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1988
- Past Member, Board of Directors of Orange County Bankruptcy Forum
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees, 1993–present
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- Observations of the U.S. Trustee Concerning Fee Applications, California Bankruptcy Journal, 1989
- In re Kerlo, 311 B.R. 256 (Bankr. C.D. Cal. 2004)
- In re Staffer, 306 F3d 967 (9th Circuit 2002)
- In re Staffer, 262 B.R. 80 (9th Cir. BAP 2001)
- Mediator Who Settled the Most Number of Mediations, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California, Santa Ana Division, 2012-2013
- Most Frequently Chosen Mediator, Santa Ana Division, 2003-2004
- Mediator Who Settled the Most Number of Mediations, Santa Ana Division, 2010-2011
- Mediator Who Settled the Most Number of Mediations, Santa Ana Division, 2002-2003
- AV Rating, Martindale–Hubbell
- Mediator Who Settled the Most Number of Mediations, Santa Ana Division, 2006-2007
Office location for Thomas Casey
26400 La Alameda
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2024