Scott J. Allen
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Monterey, CaliforniaAllen Law Firm
Attorney Scott J. Allen is a plaintiff's personal injury and wrongful death lawyer. He is the owner of the Allen Law Firm, which has offices in Monterey, Santa Cruz and Salinas, in order to serve clients throughout California's Monterey Bay Area.
When asked about his legal practice, Scott says, "I love the work that I do . . . I just wish that I did not have to do it." That is so because Scott works with clients at some of the worst moments in their lives - when they have been seriously injured or when a loved one has been killed due to the wrongful act of another person.
Scott, and the rest of the Allen Law Firm's legal team, work hard to hold wrongdoers responsible for their actions. "Justice requires that compensation be paid for what is taken from our clients - whether that be the loss of enjoyment of life or the ability to earn a living because of a serious injury, or the loss of love and affection of a family member who was killed." That compensation typically comes from insurance companies or the corporations who were responsible for causing the injuries or death. The insurance companies and corporations all have lawyers working for them after an accident that results in injuries or death, so it is important that plaintiffs also have an experienced attorney to fight for their rights.
Scott has over 25 years of legal experience in the fields of personal injury and wrongful death. He has obtained large sums of compensation for clients in notable cases, including:
- $9,850,000 in a case of wrongful death and multiple personal injuries against a giant construction company;
- $2,000,000 for a client who suffered major injuries caused by the negligence of a police officer during a high speed car chase;
- $1,500,000 for a client, a young girl harmed by toxic chemicals dumped at a site near her home;
In his practice, Scott works with cases involving car accidnets/automobile accidents, truck accidents, bicycle accidents, drunk driving accidents, pedestrian accidents, slip and falls, wrongful death, nursing home abuse/neglect and other issues.
Active in his legal community, Scott is a member of The State Bar of California, the Consumer Attorneys of California, and the American Association for Justice. He is former chair of the State Bar's committee on agricultural business.
Scott earned a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree from Cornell University. He received his law degree in 1995 from the University of California Berkeley School of Law. He is licensed to practice in all state courts in California, as well as all four federal district courts and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Brain Injury, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death
- 100% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1995, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.sjallenlaw.com/attorneys/scott-j-allen/
- $9,850,000 Settlement for the wrongful death of a client's husband, and for the severe injuries suffered by three passengers riding in the same car. This car crash was caused by a construction company's employee, driving a company pickup truck., 2021
- $1 million settlement for pedestrian hit by a big rig while crossing the street in a marked cross-walk., 2022
- $2,000,000 settlement for client who was severely injured in a car accident. The crash was caused by the negligence of a Monterey County Sheriff's deputy, who engaged in a high speed car chase along the notoriously dangerous Highway 1 near Big Sur. Read more about the case here., 2020
- $500,000 (Insurance Policy Limit) settlement in pedestrian accident case. Our client was hit by a pickup truck while crossig the street in a marked crosswalk. The client struck her head on the pavement, suffering a traumatic brain injury that caused her to begin suffering regular seizures. The truck driver had insurance policy limits of $100,000, which were paid in full, and we also collected an additional $400,000 from our client's own underinsured motorist insurance policy, for a total settlement of $500,000. , 2019
- $250,000 (Insurance Policy Limit) settlement in Bicycle Accident case. Our client was riding his bicycle in Pacific Grove when a motorist suddently opened her car door directly in our client's path. Our client struck the door and tumbled over his handlebars. The impact caused severe displaced fractures of several bones in our client's dominant right hand. He also suffered a concussion (traumatic brain injury) as a result of the crash., 2019
Office location for Scott J. Allen
2511 Garden Road
Monterey, CA 93940
- Super Lawyers: 2020