Amanda I. Bevins
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Napa, CA
For over two decades, Amanda Bevins has practiced juvenile and adult criminal defense in counties throughout Northern California. Prior to opening BevinsLaw, Amanda worked for Dickenson, Peatman & Fogarty focusing on civil and criminal litigation. Before DP&F, Amanda was a partner at Gagen McCoy, a prominent East Bay business litigation and criminal firm for 18 years.
Amanda handles all aspects and levels of criminal law and has substantial court and jury trial experience. She also represents businesses and individuals accused of violating local building and environmental codes or facing civil or administrative penalties.
Amanda has a reputation as a zealous advocate who is fiercely loyal to her clients, their cases and their futures. She has long practiced a "holistic approach" to litigation; beyond fighting for the best outcome in every case, she does what it takes to ensure her clients are armed with the resources they need to make their legal experience as positive as possible.
Ms. Bevins believes that, by getting into a case early, she can position herself to accurately and effectively educate the other side about the objective facts. She has the insight to know when to take a collaborative rather than a combative approach. A skilled negotiator, she has had excellent results, often getting charges reduced and cases dropped. As Ms. Bevins says: "Sometimes the most satisfying victory is not in the courtroom. It's keeping the case from getting there in the first place."
Amanda is proud to have devoted a large part of her career to representing juveniles, requiring a unique combination of compassion, advocacy, and knowledge of the resources available to put young people back on the right track. She remains involved in community juvenile justice programs, serving as a the Chair of the Napa County Juvenile Justice Commission and she served on the Napa County Youth and Gang Violence Commission.
About Amanda I. Bevins
First Admitted: 1993, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.bevinslaw.com/biography-practice-areas-1.html
- New York University, Undergraduate Study
- San Francisco State University, B.A. Philosophy, Summa Cum Laude, Departmental Honors, 1990
- Associate Editor, Golden Gate University Law Review, 1992
- MCLE presentation on laws regulating workplace investigations such as harassment and whistleblowing., Speaker, Who, When, Why and How: Laws Regulating Workplace Investigations, Sonoma County Bar Association, 2018
- Author, Supreme Court Justices Are People Too: A Review of Sonia Sotomayor’s “My Beloved World", Contra Costa Lawyer, 2013
- Speaker, Everything You Wanted To Know About Criminal Law But Were Afraid to Ask, 2015
- Author, Courthouse Step Dwellers: Violating Sherman’s Trust or Assisting Sallie Mae?, Contra Costa Lawyer, 2013
- Author, From the Other Side Of The Jury Box, Los Angeles Daily Journal, 2008
- Author, Prison Law – Before and After Wilson v. Seiter: Cases Challenging the Conditions of Confinement in the Ninth Circuit, Golden Gate University Law Review, 1992
Pro bono/Community Service
- Chairperson - Juvenile Justice Committee - Napa County, 2021
- Volunteer and Coordinator - OneJustice Expungement Workshops Napa County
- Commissioner - Napa County Juvenile Justice Coordinating Council, 2022
- Coordinator, Napa County Peer Court, 2016
- Commissioner - Napa County Gang and Youth Violence Commission., 2016
- Napa County Bar Association, 2022
- Napa County Women Lawyers, 2021
- Board of Directors, Contra Costa County Bar Association
- Member - Judicial Nomination Election Committee, Contra Costa County Bar Association, 2015
Last Updated: 5/15/2022