Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Newport Beach, CA
Christopher Blank is the founding attorney of Christopher L. Blank, Attorney at Law, PC, located in Newport Beach, California. With more than 36 years of experience practicing law, he focuses his practice exclusively on bankruptcy, business litigation, equipment leasing, receivership and attorney fee disputes. Serving clients throughout the state of California, he is also a certified mediator.
Professional and diligent, Mr. Blank provides top-notch representation for his clients by zealously advocating for their rights. Keeping his clients’ goals and expectations in mind, he strives hard to help them achieve those goals in an efficient and cost-effective manner. He provides customized strategies for each unique case and has numerous testimonials from his satisfied clients.
With a Bachelor of Science degree in biological sciences from the University of California, Irvine, Mr. Blank also has a master’s degree in administration from the University of California, Irvine, Graduate School of Management. He earned his Juris Doctor from the National Law Center, George Washington University. Mr. Blank is admitted to practice in all of California, the District of Columbia, the United States Supreme Court and the United States Tax Court.
Active in the legal field, Mr. Blank serves as a fee arbitrator and mediator for the Orange County Bar Association and volunteers with the Public Law Center of Orange County. He is on the mediation panel of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California. Mr. Blank is a member of the executive committees of the alternative dispute resolution and banking and lending sections of the Orange County Bar Association. He was previously on the board of editors of the California Bankruptcy Journal.
Mr. Blank has been the recipient of several awards for his exceptional mediation skills as a mediator for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California. He is known for conducting the longest mediation resulting in a settlement, conducting the shortest mediation resulting in a settlement, and settling most cases for the Santa Ana Division and the entire central district.
An eloquent orator, Mr. Blank has lectured at many continuing legal education programs on bankruptcy, civil litigation, fee arbitration, banking, mediation and business law. He is a published author of several chapters in the book Personal and Small Business Bankruptcy Practice in California by the California Continuing Education of the Bar.
About Christopher Blank
First Admitted: 1984, California
Professional Webpage: https://chrisblanklaw.com/business-attorney-orange-county/
- Editor and Author of various chapters of Personal and Small Business Bankruptcy Practice in California published by California Continuing Education of the Bar (“CEB”)
- Recent Bankruptcy Developments, Orange County Bankruptcy Forum (“OCBF”), 1997 - present
- Board of Editors of the California Bankruptcy Journal in 1989 and 1990
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer, Public Law Center of Orange County
- Most frequently chosen mediator for the Santa Ana Division, 2010 - 2011
- Most frequently chosen mediator for the Santa Ana Division, 2013-2014
- Mediator who conducted the longest mediation that resulted in settlement, 2012-2013
- Mediator who conducted the shortest mediation that resulted in settlement, 2011-2012
- Mediator who settled the most cases for the entire Central District, 2011-2012
- Mediator who settled the most cases for the Santa Ana Division, 2011-2012
- California, 1984
- Member of the Executive Committees of the Banking and Lending, and the Alternative Dispute Resolution Sections of the OCBA
- Board of Directors of the OCBF in 2003 and served as its President in 2007
- Special Projects Committee of the OCBF from 1989 through 1995
- Past Chairperson of the Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section of the OCBA
- Mandatory Fee Arbitration Committee of the California State Bar, 2013 - 2016
- Co-Chairperson of the OCBA Mandatory Fee Arbitration Committee, 2007 - 2012
- Fee Arbitrator and Mediator for the Orange County Bar Association(“OCBA”)
- Mediation Panel of the Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California
- United States Tax Court, 2000
- United States Supreme Court, 1994
- District of Columbia, 1985
- B.S., Biological Sciences, University of California Irvine (1979)
- M.S., Administration, University of California Irvine, Graduate School of Management (1981)
- Equipment Leasing
- Private Lending
- Real Estate
Last Updated: 6/23/2022