Clare H. Lucich
Top rated personal injury attorney in Newport Beach, CaliforniaBentley & More LLP
Practice Areas: Personal injury
Licensed in California since: 2012
Education: Pepperdine University School of Law
Clare Lucich is a partner with Bentley & More whose practice includes product liability, insurance bad faith, catastrophic personal injury, and governmental claims. She received her Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Social Ecology from the University of California, Irvine, in 2008, where she graduated summa cum laude and was selected for membership in Phi Beta Kappa. Ms. Lucich received her JD in 2012 from Pepperdine University School of Law, where she graduated magna cum laude and was selected for membership in The Order of the Coif.
First Admitted: 2012, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.bentleymore.com/clare-lucich
- , Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2016 through 2022, Super Lawyers
- 2018 Top 100 Jury Verdicts in California for Personal Injury, Top 100 Jury Verdicts, Daily Journal, 2018
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, 2020-2022, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch 2020 through 2022, Best Lawyers
- Serving as the lead associate of the litigation team that recently achieved a $30 million settlement for a woman who was catastrophically injured as a result of a trucking company’s failure to properly maintain its fleet of vehicles.
- Serving as the lead litigation team member that obtained an eight-figure settlement in an insurance bad faith coverage dispute.
- Obtaining a settlement in excess of $2 million in a slip-and-fall injury case against a grocery store on behalf of a client who sustained a back fracture in the incident.
- Serving as the lead associate of the litigation team that represented clients injured in a crosswalk when a driver, due to the public entity’s failure to install proper safety devices, failed to see them and struck the plaintiffs, causing life-long injuries. Combined settlement with the driver’s employer and the public entity resulted in a high-seven figure settlement.
- Securing a $3.2 million verdict in a wrongful death and catastrophic personal injury trial in Bakersfield involving a motor vehicle accident (Rojas v HFS Enterprises).
- Obtaining a $1.885 million jury verdict in Riverside Superior Court in a first-of-its-kind product liability case involving an e-cigarette device that exploded while charging (Jennifer Ries v. VapCigs et al.).
- Being a member of the trial team which secured a $3.8 million verdict in Orange County Superior Court on behalf of a young man who sustained a degloving injury to his dominant right hand while in metal shop class (Zavala v NMUSD). Ms. Lucich helped prove that the disc sander the student was using violated Cal OSHA safety guidelines and that the dangerous machine should not have been used in class.
- Serving as the co-chair in a slip and fall trial that resulted in a $947,000 verdict, and overall recovery for the client in excess of 1 million dollars. Plaintiff, in her 50’s, slipped and fell in wet paint at a retail property. Plaintiff suffered shoulder and arm injuries, and was later diagnosed with Neurogenic Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, a nerve compression disorder resulting in pain, numbness, and tingling.
- Being a member of the litigation team that secured a $5.85 million settlement for a temporary worker who was severely injured while disassembling all-metal firework stands (Pinon v. American Promotional Events, Inc. dba TNT Fireworks and American Promotional Events, Inc. – West).
- Serving as the lead associate of the litigation team that obtained a $12 million wrongful death settlement against the City of Los Angeles on behalf of the family of Alice Gruppioni, an Italian newlywed tragically killed on her honeymoon when struck by a reckless vehicle on the Venice Beach Boardwalk. The $12 million settlement represents the largest wrongful death settlement reached by the City of Los Angeles. (Gruppioni v. The City of Los Angeles)
- Clare received her Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Social Ecology from the University of California, Irvine, in 2008, where she graduated summa cum laude and was selected for membership in Phi Beta Kappa. Bachelor of Arts, Criminology, summa cum laudeSocial Ecology, summa cum laude, June 2008 GPA: 3.975, 2008
- Ms. Lucich received her JD in 2012 from Pepperdine University School of Law, where she graduated magna cum laude and was selected for membership in The Order of the Coif., 2012
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, CAJuris Doctor, magna cum laude May 2012 GPA/Rank: 3.83/ Rank 10/206 (Top 5%); Honors: Dean’s Scholarship; The Order of the Coif Journal: Pepperdine Law Review, 2012
- Super Lawyers: 2023
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2022