Courtney L. Shepard
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Newport Beach, CA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2013 - 2018
Courtney Shepard is an experienced Orange County attorney who practices exclusively in family law. At The Law Offices of Burch Shepard Family Law Group, APC she helps California residents make important legal decisions while they cope with the personal challenges that come with a divorce or separation. On their behalf, she pursues the best possible outcome.
Ms. Shepard is recognized as a Certified Family Law Specialist by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. She combines her aggressive and passionate approach with success in protecting her clients' assets and looking out for the best interests of their children in child custody and support agreements.
Prior to earning her Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from Whittier Law School, Courtney Shepard majored in political science with a business specialization at UCLA. At Whittier, she was on the Dean's List and a member of the Law Review and a fellow in the Center for Children's Rights. She also served on the Whittier Law School Trial Advocacy Honors Board while competing in national competitions.
Courtney Shepard is a member of the State Bar of California, the American Bar Association and the Family Law Section of the Orange County Bar Association. Recently, she completed a nationally recognized trial advocacy program focusing on child custody, support and complex business cases.
Prior to joining Burch Shepard Family Law Group, APC, Courtney Shepard was a certified litigation law clerk with the Orange County Office of the District Attorney.
When not practicing law at Burch Shepard Family Law Group, APC, Ms. Shepard volunteers her time with the Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation.
- 100%Family Law
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2018
Certificates and Credentials
- California Board of Legal Specialization
About Courtney L. Shepard
First Admitted: 2005, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.ocdivorce.net/Attorneys-Staff/Courtney-L-Shepard....
- Whittier Law School, Costa Mesa, California, J.D., Cum Laude, Honors: Dean's List, Fellow, Center for Children's Rights, Trial Advocacy Honors Board, Law Review: Member, Whittier Law Review
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.S. in Political Science
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer, Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation
- Member, American Bar Association
- Director of the Orange County Chapter of the Association of Certified Family Law Specialists., 2020
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, Family Law Section, Orange County Bar Association
- Certified Family Law Specialist in Family Law, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
Last Updated: 6/23/2022