David A. Berstein
Top Rated Intellectual Property Litigation Attorney in Newport Beach, CA
As the principal attorney at Berstein Law in Newport Beach, California, David A. Berstein delivers highly personalized counsel and dedicated support to clients throughout Southern California who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Intellectual property litigation
· Trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets
· Business and contractual disputes
· Civil litigation
A top-rated attorney with more than 20 years of legal experience, Mr. Berstein has achieved notable success assisting and advocating on behalf of his clients with all of their complex intellectual property-related issues and other business disputes. A seasoned trial attorney, he has tried numerous cases before state and federal courts across his region, as well as before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, where he has handled both trials and appeals.
Early in his legal career, Mr. Berstein worked for a prominent litigation practice, where he primarily handled cases involving medical malpractice and other serious personal injury claims. He also has extensive experience with mediation, as well as trials and appeals, and he has earned a reputation for his exceptional preparedness and unwavering commitment to his clients through all legal proceedings.
A native of the San Fernando Valley area, Mr. Berstein earned his Bachelor of Arts in psychology from California State University, Northridge, in 1994. He then attended Whittier Law School, Costa Mesa, California, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1999. While pursuing his legal degree, Mr. Berstein participated as a competing member with the school's Trial Advocacy Honors Board, and he published an article in the Whittier Law Review involving the Medical Injury Compensation Reform Act.
Along with practicing before all California's state courts, Mr. Berstein is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern, Southern and Central Districts of California, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and the California Supreme Court. He is an active member of the Orange County Bar Association, the Orange County Jewish Bar Association, the Orange County Trial Lawyers Association and the International Trademark Association.
- The Medical Injury Compensation Reform Act (MICRA), Pharmaceutical Malpractice, And Their Detrimental Effects On A Little Girl (1999) - Article on the MICRA limits in California and their detrimental effects on the case of a little girl who was the victim of egregious pharmaceutical and hospital malpractice
About David A. Berstein
First Admitted: 1999, California
Professional Webpage: https://bersteinlaw.com/david-a-berstein.php
- International Trademark Association, Member
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Orange County Jewish Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- California, 1999
- Supreme Court of California
- Competing Member, the Trial Advocacy Honors Board, Whittier Law School, Costa Mesa, California
- California State University, Northridge, Bachelor Of Arts – 1994, Major: Psychology, Minor: Behavioral Neuroscience
- Whittier Law School - Intellectual Property Litigation - Introduction to Depositions in Federal Trademark Matters, Guest Speaker, 2011
Last Updated: 6/23/2022