Lily Li is a privacy and cybersecurity lawyer and founder of Metaverse Law. She is admitted to practice in California and before the Federal Circuit and holds the CIPP/US, CIPP/E, and CIPM certifications from the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
Lily assists clients from startups to multinationals comply with their privacy, cybersecurity, and data breach notification obligations under CCPA, GDPR, NYDFS, COPPA, HIPAA, GLBA, SOX and a variety of other laws and regulations. In addition, Lily holds the GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA) certification for advanced incident response and digital forensics and assists clients through the incident response and breach notification process.
Lily launched the firm in 2018, after recognizing the growing market need for legal services focused exclusively on data privacy and protection. Metaverse Law builds upon Lily’s multidisciplinary legal and consulting background in complex commercial claims, intellectual property matters, and employment disputes. Lily is a regular speaker and author on data privacy and cybersecurity matters.
She is a graduate of Duke University School of Law and Williams College.
First Admitted: 2012, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.metaverselaw.com/lawyer/lily-li/
- Williams College, B.A. Political Economy, magna cum laude, 2008
- Chair, Young Professionals of Children's Bureau, 2016
- Community Outreach Chair, Young Lawyer's Division, Orange County Bar Association, 2016
- GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA) certification for advanced incident response and digital forensics., 2020
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) Certified Information Privacy Professional/ United States (CIPP/US) Certified Information Privacy Professional/ Europe (CIPP/E), 2018
- Metaverse Law will be speaking as part of The (Security) Balancing Act series hosted by BrightTALK. The topic of discussion is “Data Sovereignty in a Multi-Cloud World” and the event will take place November 10, 2021 at 9:00am PST., Panelist, Data Sovereignty in a Multi-Cloud World, BrightTALK, Cloud, SaaS, E-Commerce, 2021
- Whose privacy laws will prevail in an international contract dispute?, Co-Author, Will the Courts Treat Foreign Data Privacy Laws as Fact or Farce in U.S. Contracts? Whose Law Will Prevail in Privacy Disputes? , Orange County Lawyer Magazine, 2021
- Metaverse Law discusses privacy rights and privacy legislation as it impacts metaverse and virtual reality businesses., Panelist, IP, Licensing and the Legalities of the Metaverse, Enter the Metaverse, Virtual Reality, Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, 2021
- WSJ Pro’s Cybersecurity Symposium kicked off in San Diego, California on January 9, 2020 bringing together over 300 executives for critical conversations on how to keep business safe. The two-day event featured interviews with cybersecurity professionals including FBI Executive Assistant Director of the Science and Technology Branch Chris Piehota, Founder of Metaverse Law Lily Li, CEO of Revolution Cyber Juliet Okafor and former Sony Pictures CIO Steven Bernard, who oversaw the response to the company’s devastating 2013 attack. The symposium also offered hands-on training and master classes. Event partners FBI-affiliated InfraGard and Carnegie Mellon University carefully curated sessions designed to provide businesses with the practical skills to tackle cyber risks., Panelist, Wall Street Journal Cybersecurity Symposium: What Regulations Apply?, 2020
- This article takes a brief look at privacy law developments in the EU, Canada, and China, discusses the current United States privacy framework, and predicts likely developments in US privacy law over the next year., Author, US Privacy Laws in a Global Context, The Computer and Internet Lawyer [republished from Orange County Lawyer], 2018
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2023