Matthew R. Bogosian
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Newport Beach, CA
Matthew R. Bogosian is an attorney with the Holstrom, Block & Parke, APLC, law firm, which has offices located across Orange County and Southern California. Certified as a family law specialist by The State Bar of California's Board of Legal Specialization and possessing more than 19 years of legal experience, Mr. Bogosian has achieved notable success representing the rights and interests of a diverse range of clients throughout the region who are going through a divorce or have some other serious family law matter they need to address.
A magna cum laude graduate of the University of California, Los Angeles, in 1993, Mr. Bogosian attended Pepperdine University School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1997. While pursuing his legal degree, he garnered several awards and honors for his exceptional academic achievements and contributions, including the American Jurisprudence Award in Negotiation and Settlement Advocacy.
As a family law attorney, Mr. Bogosian has become a recognized leader in divorce mediation, and he has once served on the adjunct legal faculty at Pepperdine University as a facilitator of classes in this legal area. He has also served as mediator of the Superior Court of Ventura County, and he has helped hundreds of clients resolve their matters and reach agreements with regards to their divorce in a manner that is both less costly and less stressful than tradition litigation.
However, throughout the course of his career, he has also earned a reputation as a tenacious and effective trial and appellate attorney who always pursues the most favorable outcome for those he serves regardless of how complex their needs or goals are.
Recognized for his success as well as his impeccable professionalism, Mr. Bogosian holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and the National Association of Distinguished Counsel voted him among the Nation's Top One Percent in 2017. He also holds "Superb" client ratings on AVVO, and he has received many other awards and honors as well. Mr. Bogosian has also been selected as a Super Lawyer for the years 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2023
Certificates and Credentials
- California Board of Legal Specialization
About Matthew R. Bogosian
First Admitted: 1999, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.hbplaw.com/our-attorneys/matthew-r-bogosian/
- University of California at Los Angeles, Bachelor of Arts, Magna Cum Laude, Departmental Honors in Linguistics, Phi Beta Kappa Honorary Society
- State Bar of California
- Individuals and Couples contemplating cohabitation, marriage, divorce, legal separation, or nullity, or who have issues with paternity or child support, or who are in the process of divorce or paternity matters, or who would like to explore a premarital, post-nuptial or marital settlement agreement, who require mediation, or who have post-divorce issues involving child custody, visitation, community property, separate property, child support, spousal support, attorney's fees, costs, sanctions, or issues involving family law appeals and writs.
Pro bono/Community Service
- Former Board Member, El Centrito de la Colonia, Non-Profit Organization; International Community Service Day Foundation
- Family Law Pro Bono Clinic of the Ventura County Superior Court, Volunteer
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Adjunct Professor of Divorce Mediation, Pepperdine University School of Law
- Divorce Mediation: A Practical Guide for Litigants and Legal Professionals
- Certified Family Law Specialist, State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization, 2010
- Certified Family Law Specialist, State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization
- Lead Trial and Appellate Counsel, Certified for Partial Publication, In re Marriage of Bonvino (2015) 241 Cal.App.4th 1411, 2015
- Family Law Seminar for Attorneys and Paralegals on Temporary Orders., Family Law Seminar, 2015
- , AV Preeminent – Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence, Martindale, 2022
- , Client’s Choice Award, Avvo, 2020
- , AV Preeminent – Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence, Martindale, 2021
- , Client Champion Silver, Martindale, 2022
- Nation’s Top One Percent, National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- American Jurisprudence Award in Negotiation and Settlement Advocacy, Pepperdine University
- Departmental Honors in Linguistics, University of California at Los Angeles
- AV-Rated Pre-Eminent, Martindale-Hubbell; Phi Beta Kappa Honorary Society; Departmental Honors in Linguistics; Honors in Trial Practice, Pepperdine University School of Law; American Jurisprudence Award, Negotiation and Settlement Advocacy, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution; Avvo Rated, Super Lawyers 2016-2019; Professor of Divorce Mediation, Pepperdine University School of Law 2016.
- Super Lawyers selection 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022., Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers
Last Updated: 6/23/2022