Glenn R. Kantor
Top Rated Employee Benefits Attorney in Northridge, CA
- Free Consultation
Glenn R. Kantor is the founding partner of the Northridge, California, law firm Kantor & Kantor LLP. Focusing his practice entirely on the pursuit of claims against insurance companies, he represents clients throughout California who have been wrongfully denied benefits under their employer-provided or individual disability, health, long-term care or life insurance policies. Mr. Kantor is regarded as one of the leading authorities in the prosecution of denied insurance claims that are governed by the federal Employee Retirement Income Security Act. On the state level, he has worked with the Commissioner of the California Department of Insurance to help enact a provision of the California Insurance Code that prohibits the reservation by insurers of discretionary authority to determine eligibility for benefits or coverage.
A 1980 recipient of a Bachelor of Arts from the University of California, Los Angeles, Mr. Kantor earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Southern California Law Center in 1983. Admitted to practice in California, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Southern and Central Districts of California and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit. Highly regarded by his peers for his track record, Mr. Kantor has received a 10.0 "Superb" rating from the online legal directory Avvo.
In high demand as a speaker, Mr. Kantor is frequently asked to conduct seminars and workshops on matters relating to his practice areas for organizations such as the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform and the California Association for Health Services at Home. A member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association, he is also a member of the California Employment Lawyers Association and the California Applicants' Attorneys Association.
About Glenn R. Kantor
First Admitted: 1986, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.kantorlaw.net/attorneys/glenn-r-kantor/
Pro bono/Community Service
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Speaker, National Business Institute
- Speaker, National Fibromyalgia Association
- Speaker, Lupus Foundation of America
- Speaker, AIDS Project Los Angeles
- Speaker, HIV & AIDS Legal Service Alliance
- Speaker, American Bar Association
- Senior Director, Clinical Programs, Services & Advocacy
- Speaker, National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Speaker, Health Care Services at Home, California Association
- Speaker, Home Care and Hospice, National Association
- Speaker, Western Region Geriatric Care Managers
- Speaker, California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform
- Speaker, Private Duty Home Care Association
- Letvinuck v. Aetna Life Ins. Co.
- Kurth v. Hartford Life & Accident Ins.
- Rorabaugh v. Continental Cas. Co.
- Peterson v. AT&T
- Mitchell v. CB Richard Ellis Long-Term Disability Plan
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- State Bar of California, 1985
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- Southern California & Nevada Chapter
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- University of California Los Angeles, B.A., 1980
- Mental Health Awareness Month 2022: The Goldie Hawn Foundation Shines Bright Light on Mental Health #mentalhealth… https://t.co/HaoMpuGPfU
- Together we can create a future without lupus. Learn more & Make #Lupus Visible during #LupusAwarenessMonth lupus.… https://t.co/f6fnCsZXzv
- Systemic #lupus accounts for approximately 70% of all cases of lupus. In approximately half of these cases, a major… https://t.co/SlIos73I9O
Last Updated: 5/15/2022