Lisa S. Kantor
Top Rated Employee Benefits Attorney in Northridge, CA
A partner at Kantor & Kantor LLP, located in Northridge, California, Lisa S. Kantor has fought for her clients for over 30 years. Ms. Kantor's legal practice includes helping her clients throughout the state deal with denied insurance claims involving health insurance, long-term care, life insurance, long-term disability and ERISA claims. Additionally, Ms. Kantor's law firm is the only one in the country with a particular focus on denied insurance claims for eating disorders.
Ms. Kantor received her Juris Doctor from the University of Virginia School of Law in 1983. Before law school, Ms. Kantor graduated summa cum laude with her Bachelor of Arts in political science and economics in 1980 from Union College.
Over her career, Ms. Kantor has been repeatedly recognized for her skill and ethics. In 2009 and 2012, she was named as being among the top women lawyers by the Los Angeles Daily Journal. In 2012, The Recorder named her as its Lawyer of the Year. She was one of the recipients of the Women of Distinction award from the California Women Lawyers in 2010 and 2011, and in 2012, she was given the special recognition award by the International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals Foundation. She additionally holds a "Superb" rating from her peers through Avvo.
In order to remain up-to-date in her field, Ms. Kantor holds membership in multiple professional organizations, including The State Bar of California. She is also a member of MentorCONNECT and serves on the board of directors for the International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals. In 2007, Ms. Kantor won the first eating disorder case in the state. The court allowed her client to seek treatment out of state by applying the mental health parity laws.
- 50%Employee Benefits
- 20%Insurance Coverage
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2022
Articles about Lisa S. Kantor appearing in Super Lawyers
About Lisa S. Kantor
First Admitted: 1983, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.kantorlaw.net/meet-our-team/lisa-s-kantor/
- Co-Presenter for ICED International Conference on Eating Disorders, Hands-On Tactics for Dealing with Insurance Problems, 5/2-5/4/2013
- U.S. ex rel. Stillwell v. Hughes Helicopters, Inc. (C.D. 1989) 714 F. Supp. 1084
- Vu v. Prudential Property & Casualty Co. (2001) 26 Cal.4th 1142
- University of Southern California v. Superior Court (1990) 220 Cal.App.3d 1028
- Migliore v. Mid-Century Ins. Co. (2002) 97 Cal.App.4th 592
- Howard v. Babcock (1993) 6 Cal.4th 409
- Southern Nights Music Co. v. Moses (C.D. 1987) 669 F. Supp. 305
- Herberg v. California Institute of the Arts (2002) 101 Cal.App.4th 142
- Lorenz v. Commercial Acceptance Ins. Co. (1995) 40 Cal.App.4th 981
- Dillard Fellow, University of Virginia School of Law
- Union College, Schenectady, New York, Bachelor of Arts, Majors: Political Science and Economics, Honors: Summa Cum Laude, Honors: Phi Beta Kappa, 1980
- United States District Court for the Central District, 1984
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1988
- California State Bar, 1983
- United States District Court for the Southern District, 1986
- Temporary Emergency Court of Appeals, 1984
- State Bar of California, Active Member
Last Updated: 4/20/2022