Anthony S. Petru
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Oakland, CaliforniaHildebrand McLeod & Nelson
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Transportation & Maritime, Employment & Labor; view more
Licensed in California since: 1980
Education: University of San Francisco School of Law
Hildebrand McLeod & Nelson5335 College Ave.
Oakland, CA 94618 Visit website
Since 1980, Anthony has represented men and women of virtually every craft from every railroad in the western United States, procuring numerous million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements.
In addition to railroad work, Anthony has represented consumers in a wide variety of cases including products liability, medical malpractice, wrongful termination, discrimination, bad-faith insurance practice, and automobile cases. In those cases, he has also earned million-dollar recoveries.
Anthony has been dedicated to advancing the ethical and professional practice of representing consumers, workers, and other individuals. He has been a member and a speaker for the American Association for Justice, the Consumer Attorneys of California, the Alameda-Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association (for which he has served on their Executive Board since 1987 and was president in 1994), the Alameda County Bar Association, the Academy of Rail Labor Attorneys (for which he also serves as a Board Member), and has been found to possess the requisite skill, integrity and experience in the special art of advocacy by his peers to have been elected into the American Board of Trial Advocates. He has been selected as a Lifetime Achievement recipient of America’s Top 100 Attorneys for Northern California and has been elected as a life member into the National Registry of Who's Who.
Anthony is admitted to all California State and Federal Courts and is also admitted for specific cases in State and Federal Courts in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Ohio.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Transportation/Maritime, Employment & Labor: Employee, Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Employment Discrimination, Employment Law - Employee, Labor Law, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Railroad Accident, Retaliation, Sexual Harassment, Transportation Law, Trucking Accidents, Unions, Whistleblower, Wrongful Death
- 20% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 60% Transportation/Maritime
- 10% Employment & Labor: Employee
- 10% Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1980, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.hmnlaw.com/about/anthony-s-petru.html
- Speaker, American Association for Justice, Consumer Attorneys of California, Alameda-Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association, Alameda County Bar Association, Alameda Democratic Lawyers Club
- University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California, B.A. - 1976, Honors: With Honors, Major: American Studies
- Lifetime Achievement recipient of America’s Top 100 Attorneys for Northern California
- National Registry of Who's Who, Lifetime Member
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Alameda County Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- American Association of Justice (AAJ), Member
- Alameda-Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association (ACCTLA), Past President
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- Academy of Rail Labor Attorneys (ARLA), Board Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC), Member
- Alameda Democratic Lawyers Club, Member
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
Office location for Anthony S. Petru
5335 College Ave.
Oakland, CA 94618
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2023