Carolyn E. Henel
Top rated estate planning & probate attorney in Oakland, CaliforniaRoisman Henel + Adams LLP
As a named partner at Roisman Henel + Adams LLP, Carolyn E. Henel handles trust administration along with estate planning in the Oakland area as a certified specialist accredited by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. This often involves assisting beneficiaries, grantors, executors and trustees with charitable giving, family business planning and the probate process. She also helps with preparing estate tax returns, administering estate distribution and administering irrevocable and revocable trusts.
After receiving a B.A. from Yale University, Ms. Henel earned her law degree from the University of Virginia School of Law in 1996. She has more than 20 years of experience in the legal profession and has been a partner at her own firm since 2002. Worth magazine named her as one of the “The Top 100 Attorneys in the United States” who assists wealthy families. Ms. Henel has a superb rating of 10.0 through Avvo in the categories of estate planning, trusts and probate. She also has the highest rating of AV Preeminent* through Martindale Hubbell, and she has maintained this ranking for more than 15 years.
In her free time, Ms. Henel serves on the board for the Volunteer Legal Services Corporation of the Alameda County Bar Association. She also belongs to the East Bay Trusts and Estates Lawyers group and The State Bar of California in the Trusts and Estates Section. She also speaks before professional groups about estates and trusts and is a contributing author to Continuing Education of the Bar in California.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEstate planning & probate
Estate planning, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills
- 100% Estate planning & probate
First Admitted: 1996, California
Professional Webpage: https://roismanhenel.com/attorneys/carolyn-e-henel
- The Top 100 Attorneys in the United States” attending to affluent families by Worth Magazine in 2006 and 2007
- Northern California Super Lawyers list every year since 2004
- “AV” preeminent ranking from Martindale-Hubbell
- Northern California Super Lawyers Top 50 Women Lawyers list in 2007, 2010, and 2011
- Alameda County Bar Association Volunteer Legal Services Corporation (VLSC) Board of Directors
- California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization as a Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law
- Yale University, B.A., 1992
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1996
- Alameda County Bar Association
- East Bay Trusts & Estates Lawyers
- State Bar of California, Trusts and Estates Section
Office location for Carolyn E. Henel
1999 Harrison Street
Oakland, CA 94612
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2023