Top rated Products Liability attorney in Oakland, CaliforniaKazan, McClain, Satterley & Greenwood, A Professional Law Corporation
Practice Areas: Products Liability, Personal Injury; view more
Licensed in California since: 1972
Attorney David McClain is a partner with Kazan, McClain, Satterley & Greenwood, A Professional Law Corporation, in Oakland, California. A top-ranked trial lawyer with more than 50 years of total legal experience, Mr. McClain provides exceptional counsel and support to clients across the state adversely affected by asbestos exposure and mesothelioma as well as defective products and other avoidable tragedies.
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. McClain has recovered more than $5 billion in total compensation for his plaintiff clients, including numerous multimillion-dollar awards. He claims a 100% success rate at trial, and he has served as special assignment settlement master for Alameda County Judicial Settlement Program for over 10 years now.
In addition, Mr. McClain helped establish the Kazan McClain Partners’ Foundation, Inc., and he has served as the organization's president. He has also served as president, board of governors member and director of the board of directors with the Alameda-Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association. Among his other professional affiliations, Mr. McClain is a member of the American Association for Justice, the Asbestos Litigation Group, the National Lawyers Guild and the Consumer Attorneys of California.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. McClain has earned consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America, and he has received many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers as being among the top 2.5% of lawyers in his region. He has also received numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients, and he finds great reward in being able to help so many obtain the justice they deserve for their needless suffering.
A 1969 graduate of the University of California at Los Angeles, Mr. McClain attended the University of California's Hastings College of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1972. While there, he was a member of the prestigious Thurston Society for having graduated within the top 5% of his class.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - Products: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- 60% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 40% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1972, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.kazanlaw.com/lawyers/david-mcclain-principal/
- Serves as president of the Kazan, McClain Partners' Foundation, board member of Bay Area Legal Aid, served as president of local PTA, president of the Piedmont Appreciating Diversity Committee, and numerous other charitable and community organizations
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- California State Bar Association
- Alameda County Bar Association
- National Lawyers Guild
- Asbestos Litigation Group
- American Association for Justice
- Alameda-Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association (President 1996 and member of the Board of Governors since 1987)
- California, 1972
- University of California at Los Angeles (B.A., 1969)
- Member of Hasting College of the law Thurston Society (top 5% in law school class), 1972
- Settled the Western MacArthur coverage action against several insurance companies for over $2.2 billion, 2003
- , Finalist for State of California Trial Lawyer of the year award, Consumer Attorneys of California, 2004
- , Super Lawyer
- , Best Lawyers award for mass tort litigation/class action
Office location for David McClain
Jack London Market
55 Harrison Street, Suite 400
Oakland, CA 94607
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2023