Jennifer M. Keith
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Oakland, CA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2013 - 2014
Jennifer M. Keith is an attorney and the founder of Christy & Keith Family Law Group, P.C., in Oakland, California. Ms. Keith focuses her practice on family law and has more than 20 years of experience. Handling all aspects of complex family law matters, she serves clients throughout Alameda and San Mateo counties.
Ms. Keith has substantial experience with domestic violence cases, custody conflicts, complex property division matters and relocation issues. Over the course of her career, she has successfully litigated and settled numerous complex family law cases for her clients. In addition to running her practice, she serves as a presenter on custody cases involving domestic violence at conferences throughout California.
Active in her legal community, Ms. Keith belongs to the family law sections of the Alameda County Bar Association, The Bar Association of San Francisco, the San Mateo County Bar Association, The State Bar of California and the American Bar Association. She is a member of the Association of Certified Family Law Specialists and the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts.
In recognition of her achievements, San Francisco magazine named Ms. Keith one of the “Top Attorneys in Northern California” multiple years in a row. The peer review organization Martindale-Hubbell also named her a “Top Rated Lawyer for San Francisco Women” several times.
Ms. Keith received a bachelor’s degree in women’s studies from the University of California, Santa Cruz. She earned her law degree from Golden Gate University School of Law. She holds an active license to practice law before all California state courts and the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
- 100%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Marital Property, Same Sex Family Law
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2014
Certificates and Credentials
- California Board of Legal Specialization
About Jennifer M. Keith
First Admitted: 1998, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.ckflg.com/attorneys/jennifer-moore-keith/
- Northern California Super Lawyer: 2015
- Named to Top Rated Lawyer for San Francisco Women as published by Martindale-Hubbell for 2013, 2014, 2015
- Named to Top Attorneys in Northern California as published by San Francisco Magazine for 2013, 2014, 2015
- Northern California Rising Star Super Lawyer: 2013, 2014
- Distinguished Peer Rated for High Professional Achievement, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
- Ms. Keith is a member of the San Mateo County Bar Association, the San Francisco County Bar Association, the Alameda County Bar Association, and the Family Law Section of the San Mateo County Bar Association. In addition, she is also a member of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of California, the Accociation of Certified Family Law Specialists, and the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- California state courts
- 1995 - Bachelor of Arts from University of California at Santa Cruz
Pro bono/Community Service
- Ms. Keith began volunteering in pro bono legal services just after high school for Compton and Norwalk Legal Aid, and later during law school for San Francisco Neighborhood Legal Services Foundation. For the first eight years of her practice, she worked primarily with low income survivors of domestic violence as a staff attorney at Inland Counties Legal Services, and Bay Area Legal Aid. During this tenure, she was promoted to Managing Attorney, and, while managing the San Mateo office of Bay Area Legal Aid, co-founded a free legal services clinic in partnership with the San Mateo County Superior Court to help pro per family law litigants apply for restraining order protection from the Court. In total, Ms. Keith spent 14 years providing free legal services to low income California residents. In her private practice, Ms. Keith continues to volunteer her time with Bay Area Legal Aid and other free legal service providers.
- Ms. Keith has presented on Family Law topics at trainings around the state on many occasions, including trainings for the Legal Aid Association of California, Administrative Office of the Courts, National College of District Attorneys, and the National Legal Aid and Defender Association.
- In March 2009 Ms. Keith was certified as a Certified Family Law Specialist by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022