Kevin M. Crabtree
Top Rated Immigration Attorney in Oakland, CA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2011 - 2019
Attorney Kevin M. Crabtree is a partner with Fuerza Immigration Lawyers in Oakland, California. A top-rated, award-winning lawyer, Mr. Crabtree holds his certification in Immigration Law by the State Bar of California's Board of Legal Specialization, and he has more than 16 years of experience advocating on behalf of the rights and interests of hundreds of clients throughout northern California and beyond who seek to work and live legally in the United States.
Widely regarded as one of the country's leading immigration attorneys, Mr. Crabtree has achieved significant success assisting his clients with realizing their dreams of a better life in America. He has extensive experience helping those facing deportation as well as with those dealing with prolonged and unlawful detention, delayed or denied immigration status issues, and other matters. He has represented LGBT immigrants, families with special needs children, and victims of domestic violence and other crimes seeking asylum. He has also helped those facing criminal charges that threaten their immigration status.
Honored for his outstanding legal service and advocacy, Mr. Crabtree has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers. He has also received "Superb, 10 out of 10 client" ratings on Avvo along with numerous testimonials and referrals from those he has served.
A leader in his field, Mr. Crabtree has published articles and conducted lectures and seminars on a variety of topics related to immigration law, and he is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association as well as other local, state and national legal organizations. A selfless and compassionate attorney, he routinely volunteers his time and legal services to those less fortunate, and he received the award for Outstanding Public Service from both the San Francisco Bar Association and the American Immigration Lawyers Association in 2011.
A 2001 graduate of the University of California, Berkley, Mr. Crabtree obtained his Juris Doctor in 2005 from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Eastern Districts of California, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th and 9th circuits, and the California Supreme Court. He is fluent in Spanish and can speak Portuguese, Catalan and French.
- 100%Immigration: Consumer
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2011 - 2019
Certificates and Credentials
- California Board of Legal Specialization
Immigration and Nationality Law
About Kevin M. Crabtree
First Admitted: 2005, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.fuerzalawyers.com/kevin-crabtree
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Supreme Court of California
Pro bono/Community Service
- Eviction Defense Collaborative
- National Center for Lesbian Rights
- Clinical Volunteer Work, International Institute, The East Bay Sanctuary Covenant
- Speaker, National Conference of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Criminal-Immigration Issues, AILA Midwest Chapters Conference
- Rising Star, Immigration Law, Super Lawyers magazine, 2011
- Award for Outstanding Public Service, San Francisco Bar Association for his volunteer representation of immigrants facing deportation
- B.A., Linguistics, University of California at Berkeley, 2001
- Honors Thesis, U.C. Berkeley, Dept. of linguistics, "Bilingual Education and Linguistic Human Rights", 2001
- University of Barcelona, studies in Hispanic Linguistics, 1999
- Certified Immigration and Nationality Law Specialist, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, 2015
Last Updated: 5/15/2022