Matthew D. Haley
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Oakland, CA
Oakland, California, attorney Matthew D. Haley concentrates his practice on personal injury, working with cases involving vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, slip-and-fall accidents, elder abuse, wrongful death and more. He also devotes a portion of his practice to estate planning and trust litigation. With his law firm, Haley Law Offices, he represents clients in Alameda and Contra Costa counties.
Mr. Haley received his undergraduate degree from the University of California, Los Angeles, and his law degree from the University of San Francisco School of Law. He has been licensed to practice in all California state courts since 1982, and is also licensed to practice in all California federal courts. He holds a certification in civil trial advocacy from the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
During law school, Mr. Haley clerked in the Superior Court of California, County of San Francisco’s law and motion and discovery department and was also employed by a San Francisco-based insurance defense firm.
In 1982, Mr. Haley joined his father’s law practice and quickly began building a reputation for his skill and professionalism. Today, with more than 30 years of experience as a litigator, he has earned recognition and respect within the legal profession. Among other honors he has received, he was rated AV Preeminent* by the respected peer review service Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating.
Mr. Haley belongs to professional organizations including the Alameda County Bar Association, The State Bar of California, the Alameda-Contra Costa County Trial Lawyers’ Association, the Consumer Attorneys of California and the American Association for Justice. He is also an associate member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, an organization devoted to educating citizens about their right to a jury trial.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.
- 70%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10%Estate & Trust Litigation
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Medical Malpractice
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About Matthew D. Haley
First Admitted: 1982
Professional Webpage: http://www.haleylaw.com/attorneys/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board of Directors, St. Vincent's Day Home
- Board of Trustees, De La Salle High School/Concord California
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Past President
- State Bar of California, Member
- Alameda County Bar Association, Member
- California, 1982
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
- Alameda-Contra Costa County Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Certified as a Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Alameda Contra Costa County Trial Lawyers
- AMERICAN BOARD OF TRIAL ADVOCATES
- California State Bar
- Consumer Attorneys Of California
- National Board Of Trial Advocacy
Last Updated: 5/15/2022