Top rated Products Liability attorney in Oakland, CaliforniaKazan, McClain, Satterley & Greenwood, A Professional Law Corporation
Steven Kazan has developed a deserved reputation as one of the leading plaintiff's civil litigation attorneys in cases involving mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases. The founder, senior and managing partner of Oakland, California-based Kazan, McClain, Satterley & Greenwood, he assists a nationwide client base in lawsuits against manufacturers, distributors, contractors and property owners, and he has been involved in this practice area for almost fifty years.
Mr. Kazan has been instrumental in obtaining numerous multimillion dollar settlements and jury awards on behalf of his clients, and his fellow professionals have taken notice. He is AV Preeminent* peer-review rated through Martindale-Hubbell and has a 10.0 "Superb" peer-review rating through Avvo. Mr. Kazan has also been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the area of mass tort litigation. ADD SUPERLAWYERS EACH YEAR SINCE? In 2017, Mr. Kazan was the recipient of Consumer Attorneys of California's annual Edward I. Pollack Award, which was given to him in recognition of his years of outstanding efforts and effectiveness. In 2022, he was selected to Law Dragon's Hall of Fame.
In addition to his courtroom work, Mr. Kazan has been appointed by several United States Bankruptcy Courts to serve as counsel to asbestos victims in dozens of cases involving asbestos company reorganizations, including Johnson & Johnson's subsidiary, LTL Management; Koch Industries' Georgia Pacific; Owens-Corning; Fibreboard; and Federal Mogul in the US and England. Some of the companies that have filed the bankruptcy petitions include W.R. Grace and Kaiser Aluminum. Mr. Kazan has conducted seminars and participated in legal, medical and insurance conferences on asbestos issues in China, Japan, England, Holland, South Africa, Canada, and throughout the United States.
Mr. Kazan is admitted to practice in California and New York. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Central and Eastern Districts of California, the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 3rd, 5th and 9th Circuits, and the Supreme Court of the United States. He is a past President of Alameda Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association, past Vice President of California Trial Lawyers Association, and a member of several legal and medical organizations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - Products: Plaintiff, Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
- 50% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 50% Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1967, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.kazanlaw.com/lawyers/steven-kazan/
- The Trust on behalf of asbestos victims, Member of The Trustees’ Advisory Committee
- Allen E. Broussard Law School Scholarship Foundation, former Chairman of the Board of Directors, which merged with Berkeley Law Foundation in 2019
- Federal Bar Association
- U.S. Courts of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- California State Bar Association
- U.S. District Courts, Northern District of California
- California Consumers Attorneys of California, Board of Governors, 1980-1995
- Great Britain’s Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
- Alameda-Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association, President, 1980
- U.S. Courts of Appeals, Third Circuit
- New York State Bar Association
- AFL-CIO Lawyers’ Coordinating Committee
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Association of Justice
- California Consumers Attorneys of California, Parliamentarian, 1989
- California, 1970
- Alameda County Bar Association
- U.S. Courts of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern District of California
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- California Consumers Attorneys of California, Vice-President 1990
- New York, 1967
- Brandeis University, A.B., 1963
- Plaintiff Asbestos Cancer
Office location for Steven Kazan
Jack London Market
55 Harrison Street, Suite 400
Oakland, CA 94607
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2023