Suizi O. Lin
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Oakland, CaliforniaLaw Office of Suizi Lin
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Civil Litigation, Elder Law
Licensed in California since: 2006
Education: Loyola Law School Los Angeles
Suizi Lin was admitted to the bar in 2006 after graduating from Loyola Law School Los Angeles. While in law school, Ms. Lin externed for the Honorable Diane Arkow-Gross of the EEOC and the Honorable Stephen Reinhart of the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. Ms. Lin also had externships at the Southern California ACLU and the California Attorney General's Office. After her admission, she began her legal career at Furtado, Jaspovice & Simons in Hayward, CA. Ms. Lin represented the injured party in automobile collisions, slips/trips and falls, governmental tort, medical malpractice, sexual abuse and elder neglect cases. In 2011, Ms. Lin opened her own law office.
First Admitted: 2006, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.fjslaw.com/suizi-ohn-mar-shwe-ma-lin.html
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 is an invitation-only organization composed of the premier trial lawyers from each state or region who meet stringent qualifications as civil plaintiff and/or criminal defense trial lawyers. Selection is based on a thorough multi-phase objective and uniformly applied process which includes peer nominations combined with third-party research.
- Alameda County Bar Association
- Alameda Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association - President in 2016. The Alameda Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association is widely regarded as one of the most illustrious and influential legal organizations in California. At its first meeting at the Blue Dolphin Restaurant in San Leandro on June 23, 1970, its organizers envisioned an organization that would serve the trial lawyers in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties through education, networking, business development, and liaisons with the local judges and courts as well as other bar associations.
- Ms. Lin provides free legal services through the Asian Pacific Islander Legal Outreach (APILO), a community-based, social justice organization serving the Asian and Pacific Islander communities of the Greater Bay Area. Founded in 1975, APILO's mission is to promote culturally and linguistically appropriate services for the most marginalized segments of the API community. Our work is currently focused in the areas domestic violence, violence against women, immigration and immigrant rights, senior law and elder abuse, human trafficking, public benefits, and social justice issues.
- Alameda County Bar Association's VLSC Guardianship Clinic. Ms. Lin provides free direct legal assistance to Alameda County's low-income population with their petition for guardianship of the person, typically young children for whom their parents are unable to provide the love, support, care or protection they need.
- UC Berkeley, 2007
- Co-author, The Basics of Elder Abuse Law, THE Verdict Magazine, Alameda-Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association, 2009
- Co-author, Attacking Opposing Evidence, NBI, 2007
- Author, Subrogation and the Made-Whole Doctrine – the Basics, THE Verdict Magazine, Alameda Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association, 2009
- Author, The Best Defense is a Good Offense, THE Verdict Magazine, Alameda Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association, 2012
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2015