Stephen K. McElroy
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Ojai, CA
- Free Consultation
The principal attorney of McElroy Parris Trial Lawyers, APLC, in Ojai, California, Stephen K. McElroy keeps his focus on handling personal injury cases that involve catastrophic injuries, trucking accidents, construction accidents, brain injuries, wrongful deaths and elder abuse. His clientele is spread out across Ventura County.
Honest and compassionate, Mr. McElroy pays undivided attention to listening to his clients’ stories to understand the human aspect of every injury and loss. In addition to litigating hundreds of thousands of cases over his 30 years of law practice, he has tried more than 100 civil jury trials to verdict, positively impacting several clients’ lives. Other lawyers in his community seek out his advice when dealing with complex cases.
Following a bachelor’s degree in physical education from the California State University, Fullerton, Mr. McElroy was awarded his Juris Doctor by The Santa Barbara & Ventura Colleges of Law, Ventura. His extensive experience includes his service in some of the prominent law firms in California. In 2017, he attended Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College in Dubois, Wyoming.
Holding a license to practice in California and Maryland, Mr. McElroy is a part of the Ventura County Trial Lawyers Association, the American Board of Trial Advocates, the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles and the Consumer Attorneys of California. Capitalizing on insights gained from experience, he has shared his knowledge with his peers at CAALA’s Annual Las Vegas Convention in 2016.
Mr. McElroy was nominated for the Trial Lawyer of the Year Award by the Ventura County Trial Lawyers Association and the Capitol City Trial Lawyers Association. He voluntarily serves as a trial lawyer to the Inner City Law Center in Los Angeles. In honor of his contribution to the community, he received the Phillip Schwabacher Award for Community Excellence from the Antelope Valley Bar Association.
- 100%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2023
About Stephen K. McElroy
First Admitted: 1987, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.mcelroyparris.com
Pro bono/Community Service
- Mr. McElroy volunteers his services as a trial lawyer to Inner City Law Center in Los Angeles. ICLC is involved in homeless prevention impact litigation
- Mr. McElroy has taken and passed three bar examinations including California, Washington and Maryland
- Past President Antelope Valley Bar Association
- $6.1 million verdict for a young woman who was involved in a minor car collision and suffered a bone bruise on her shoulder and later developed Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, 2009
- $3.6 million verdict in Riverside, California for a man who injured his foot in a construction accident and developed Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, 2013
- Verdict of $7.1 million with partner Pej Ben-Cohen. Case involved a young woman who injured her spine in a car collision and had a spinal cord stimulator implanted to control her chronic pain after a failed spine surgery, 2017
- $4.2 million judgment for a client who was injured during a car collision and developed a chronic pain condition after a failed back surgery, 2015
- Verdict of $9.3 million. Jury trial in Santa Monica on behalf of a woman who was struck by a vehicle in a crosswalk and suffered a spinal cord injury resulting in chronic pain and disability, 2016
- Finalist-Trial Lawyer of the Year, Ventura County Trial Lawyers Association, 2016
- Finalist-Trial Lawyer of the Year, Capitol Cities Trial Lawyers Association, 2015
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Mr. McElroy is a graduate of the Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College in Dubois, Wyoming, 2017
- Past President and two-term board member of the 50th Agricultural District/Antelope Valley Fair having been appointed by successive California Governors, 2003
Last Updated: 6/23/2022