Cory R. Weck
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Ontario, CA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2010
- Free Consultation
As a partner with the McCune Wright Arevalo LLP law firm, attorney Cory R. Weck focuses his practice exclusively to personal injury litigation. From the firm's law office in Ontario, California, Mr. Weck represents clients in San Bernardino and Riverside counties and throughout the Inland Empire who suffered an injury or lost a loved one due to another party's negligence or wrongdoing. Through his efforts, he has recovered substantial settlements and awards on behalf of his clients, including several in excess of a million dollars.
A 20-year veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, Mr. Weck began his legal career as Marine defense counsel and then moved to prosecuting cases for the Department of Defense. He was awarded the American Bar Association Outstanding Young Military Lawyer Award for the U.S. Marine Corps in 1999. In 2017 he retired from the Marine Corps after 23 years of service in uniform.
A 1993 graduate of Cornell University, Mr. Weck received his Juris Doctor from the University of San Diego School of Law in 1996. That same year, The State Bar of California admitted him to practice, and he can also legally practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Eastern and Central Districts of California.
Active in many professional legal organizations, Mr. Weck once served as president for the Inland Empire Chapter of the Consumer Attorneys of California, and he holds memberships with the American Association for Justice and the San Bernardino County Bar Association, among others. In 2019 he was selected as the Trial Lawyer of the year for the Inland Empire.
As a result of his success as a personal injury attorney, he is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and he holds a Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished* peer review rating.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 70%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10%Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Motor Vehicle Defects, Medical Devices
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2010
About Cory R. Weck
First Admitted: 1996, California
Professional Webpage: https://mccunewright.com/cory-r-weck/
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Retired Marine Corps officer after 23 years of service.
- CAOC IE Trial Lawyer of the Year, 2019
- Top Young Lawyer of the Year for the U.S. Marine Corps”, American Bar Association, 1999
- Top 100 trial lawyers in California by The National Trial Lawyers
- BV® Distinguished™ rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Street Law, San Diego High School
- Legal Rights of Military Reservists, U.S.M.C.
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, 1996
- The State Bar of California
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- Past President, Inland Empire Consumer Attorneys of California, 2013
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- California, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- San Bernardino County Bar Association
- Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, B.S., Major: Economics, 1993
- For one of Cory R. Weck's cases the Pomona jury awarded the plaintiffs a total of $16,599,394., 2010
Last Updated: 6/28/2022