Top rated workers' compensation attorney in Orange, CaliforniaLaw Office of Joseph Richards, P.C.
The founder of Law Office of Joseph Richards, P.C., in Orange, Orange County and Corona, Inland Empire, California, Joseph Richards serves clients across Southern California including Imperial County, Orange County, Riverside County and San Bernardino County.
His practice areas are focused on:
- Workers’ Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Wage and Hour Disputes
- Labor and Employment Law
- Social Security Disability Insurance
A certified legal specialist in workers’ compensation law by the State Bar of California, California Board of Legal Specialization, Mr. Richards has appeared before the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Boards across Southern California. He helps clients with various legal matters ranging from workers' compensation insurance applications to courtroom trials and settlements. Over the course of his legal career, he has also advocated for individuals who have been injured due to negligence, subject to unjust workplace treatment, and denied Social Security Disability Insurance benefits.
Earning a double-major in French and Economics from Lake Forest College, in Illinois, Mr. Richards went on to pursue his legal studies at Whittier Law School. While there, he was a UCLA Extension Hagman Scholar. Graduating with a J.D. with Business Law Concentration in 2011, he was licensed to practice in California the same year.
With more than a decade of experience in workers’ compensation law and numerous positive reviews from satisfied clients, Mr. Richards holds a 10 out of 10 rating on Avvo. His professionalism and diligence have earned him several peer endorsements on both Avvo and Martindale-Hubbell. He shares his legal knowledge with younger attorneys by speaking at several conferences and seminars and through several works published by the California State Bar and California Lawyers Association.
Mr. Richards is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, the California Applicants’ Attorneys Association, the State Bar of California and the Orange County Bar Association. He is also active with the Workers’ Compensation Section of the California Lawyers Association.
Practice areasWorkers' compensation: claimant, Employment & labor: employee, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Employment law - employee, Unions, Wage & hour laws, Labor law, Animal bites, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff
First Admitted: 2011, California
Professional Webpage: https://pi.law/joseph-e-richards/
- Queen's Caste v. Drone: Expectation of Privacy Rights and Avoidance of Evidentiary Concerns Regarding Chain of Custody in Workers' Compensation Sub Rosa Surveillance, by Elizabeth Batista; Joseph E. Richards, Esq. Workers' Compensation Quarterly (California State Bar publication), 2016
- Workers' Compensation Jobs, Whittier Law School
- Medical Knowledge and Issues: Medical Treatment UR/IMR, PINCUS, Los Angeles, PINCUS, Los Angeles, 2019
- Medical Knowledge and Issues: Anatomy/Physiology; Terminology; Industrial Diseases, PINCUS, Los Angeles, 2019
- Medical Knowledge And Issues: PTP’S, MPN, Determination Of Medical Issues (AME/PQME), PINCUS, Los Angeles, 2019
- Protecting Your Clients From Medical Debt Collections, Webinar, Gemini, December 8, 2021, Your client gets put into collections, now what do you do? When and why do you get a debt collection and creditor attorney involved? What labor codes and credit / collections laws apply?
- Household Employees -- Navigating Workers’ Compensation and Civil Remedies, by Kathleen Duggan; Joseph E. Richards, Esq.; The Hon. Vincenti Blas; Gregory L. Connor, Esq.; Gil Tabachnik, Esq. Whittier, Santa Ana, and Los Angeles, California Workers' Compensation Quarterly (California State Bar publication), 2015
- 2019 – Present, Rising Star, Super Lawyers
- 2001, Presidential Scholar, Lake Forest College
- 2009, Hagman Scholar, Whittier Law
- 2017 – Present, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Orange County Bar Association, Member Since 2011
- State Bar of California, Member Since 2011
- Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation Law by the State Bar of California, California Board of Legal Specialization
- Whittier Law School, 2011
- Lake Forest College, Illinois, 2004
- Injuries at work can happen to anyone., Law Office of Joseph Richards, P.C. - TV Advertisement, Workers' Compensation, 2022
- Have you been injured at work? You need a good worker’s compensation attorney on your side! Your California employer may be obligated to provide you with workers’ compensation benefits. But for many workers, simply filing a workers’ compensation Application for Adjudication can be complicated and confusing. The Law Office of Joseph Richards, P.C. provides legal representation at the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Boards, informs workers of their rights, and assists injured workers in obtaining denied and delayed medical treatment and disability benefits. The Law Office of Joseph Richards, P.C. helps injured workers find a great worker’s comp attorney to help them on the road to recovery! Joseph Richards is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, is a rising star according to Super Lawyers, and Certified Specialist in Workers’ Comp with the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. We have Spanish speaking staff and locations in both Orange County and Inland Empire. Contact us now to schedule an appointment for a free consultation! NOTICE: Making a false or fraudulent workers' compensation claim is a felony subject to up to 5 years in prison or a fine of up to $50,000 or double the value of the fraud, whichever is greater, or by both imprisonment and fine., How To Find the Right Workers' Compensation Lawyer, 2019
Office location for Joseph Richards
1122 E Lincoln Ave
Orange, CA 92865
- Super Lawyers: 2023
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2021
Certificates and credentials
Workers' Compensation Law