Andrew R. Gillin
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Orinda, CA
Andrew R. Gillin is a founding partner at GJEL Accident Attorneys, a highly regarded personal injury law firm with a 40-year and more than $600 million track record of success on behalf of injured plaintiffs in Northern California. Andy received his bachelor's degree from the University of California at Berkeley, and his law degree from the University of Chicago. He has written and lectured on personal injury topics, settlement strategies and trial practice for numerous organizations, including California Continuing Education of the Bar. Like other members of GJEL, Andy began his legal career as a public service attorney working for low-income people in need. He sees his long-time, private practice focus on personal injury as an extension of his commitment to that work.
Andy practices in both state and federal courts, and he is an active member of several professional organizations, including the American Association for Justice, the California Trial Lawyers Association and the State Bar of California. In addition to multiple inclusions in Northern California Super Lawyers listings, Andy holds an AV Preeminent* rating through Martindale-Hubbell and has been included in the Best Lawyers in America publication.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell peer review ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
Mr. Gillin is also the author of the highly recognized Personal Injury Lawsuit Timeline which addresses how long the average case will take.
- 100%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022
About Andrew R. Gillin
First Admitted: 1970, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.gjel.com/firm/andy.html
- AV-Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, selected for Best Lawyers in America
- Handling the Major Case: The First 100 Days, California Trial Lawyers Syllabus
- California Government Tort Liability Practice (Co-Author), Continuing Education of the Bar
- Lecturer, Civil Litigation, California Continuing Education of the Bar
- Lecturer, Civil Litigation, California State Bar Association Education Institute
- Lecturer, Civil Litigation, California Trial Lawyers Association
- Lecturer, Civil Litigation, Women Lawyers of Alameda County
- Lecturer, Civil Litigation, Alameda-Contra Costa County Trial Lawyers Association
- Lecturer, Litigation, Alameda County Bar Association
- Handling The Major Case: The First 100 Days, California Trial Lawyers Association
- Handling Catastrophic Injury and Wrongful Death Cases, Alameda County Bar Association Barristers Club
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers Settlement Judiciary Conference
- Settlement Strategies in Civil Litigation, Alameda-Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association
- University of California at Berkeley, B. A.
- GJEL Firm Profile, www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSfu-OahkUw
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1970
- American Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1970
- State of California, 1970
- Alameda County Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- The Bar Association of San Francisco
- California Trial Lawyers Association
Last Updated: 8/31/2021