Mark A. Stankevich
Top rated Entertainment & Sports attorney in Pacific Palisades, CaliforniaStankevich Law Inc.
Practice Areas: Entertainment & Sports
Licensed in California since: 1980
Education: University of California Berkeley School of Law
Stankevich Law Inc.860 Via de la Paz
Pacific Palisades, CA 90272 Phone: 310-459-2800 Email: Mark A. Stankevich
Mark has negotiated high level transactions for individuals, companies and organizations involving virtually all aspects of the motion picture, television, publishing and related industries.
These deals have included actor, writer, director and producer services agreements, agreements for the licensing of literary and other material as the basis for motion picture, television and new media productions, project development and production financing agreements, distribution agreements, joint venture agreements, web site creation and administration agreements, and video game development and licensing agreements.
By virtue of the clients Mark has represented he has been involved with some of the most successful motion pictures and television series of all time.
Mark's broad skill set enables him to solve a wide variety of problems for clients as the entertainment industry undergoes significant changes in the manner in which content is created and consumed.
First Admitted: 1980, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.martindale.com/attorney/mark-anthony-stankevich-...
- Named by Califonia Law Business one of the best attorneys in California. "AV" rating (highest category rating for legal skill and ethics) by Martindale Hubbell Law Directory.
- Member, Los Angeles Copyright Society
- Member - American Film Institute
- Member - Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, American Cinematheque
- Member - American Bar Association
- Member, Hollywood Radio & Television Society
- Member - Television Academy
- Member - Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Description and analysis of contractual techniques to protect franchise characters used in the film, television and related industries., "Using Character Integrity Guidelines to Protect Franchise Characters", Entertainment Law & Finance, Vol. 27, No. 7
- Analysis of the pitfalls and strategies for avoiding them when negotiating agreements for independently financed films., "Negotiating Talent Deals For Independent Films", Entertainment Law & Finance, Vol. IX, Nos. 7 & 8
- Lafayette College, B.A. Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, McKelvy Scholar, 1975
- American Bar Association
- American Film Institute
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Film Independent
- Hollywood Radio & Television Society
- Los Angeles Copyright Society
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Television Academy
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2010, 2013 - 2022