Francis A. La Poll
Top rated Estate Planning & Probate attorney in Palo Alto, CaliforniaGilfix & La Poll Associates LLP
Practice Areas: Estate Planning & Probate, Business & Corporate, Tax; view more
Licensed in California since: 1984
Education: Stanford Law School
Gilfix & La Poll Associates LLP801 E Charleston Rd
Palo Alto, CA 94303 Visit website
Francis A. La Poll is an attorney and partner at Gilfix & La Poll Associates LLP in Palo Alto, California. Mr. La Poll handles matters involving business, estate planning, international, probate, real estate and tax law, representing clients throughout the state of California.
Practicing law for over 35 years, Mr. La Poll began his legal career by clerking for a federal judge before entering private practice. He provides experienced and diligent representation to his clients. In addition to his law practice, he is the author of articles for legal publications and speaks on various legal topics to attorneys and other professionals.
Dedicated to serving his community, Mr. La Poll has held leadership positions in several organizations over the years, including the Stevenson House, the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority and the YMCA of the Mid-Peninsula. Additionally, he served as the mayor of Los Altos for two terms and served as the League of California Cities Revenue and Taxation Policy Committee Peninsula representative.
After graduating magna cum laude from the University of Virginia, Mr. La Poll earned his law degree from Stanford Law School. While attending law school, he led the Legal Aid Society and was editor-in-chief of the Stanford Journal of International Law. He holds a license to practice law before all California state courts.
Recognizing his exceptional legal ability and high ethical standards, Martindale-Hubbell awarded Mr. La Poll an AV Preeminent* peer review rating. This is the organization’s highest available rating, presented to only a select group of attorneys.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEstate Planning & Probate, Business/Corporate, Tax: Business, International, Nonprofit Organizations, Real Estate: Business
Business Organizations, Estate Planning, Non-profit & Tax-exempt Organizations, Probate & Estate Administration, Tax Law
- 30% Estate Planning & Probate
- 20% Business/Corporate
- 20% Tax: Business
- 10% International
- 10% Nonprofit Organizations
- 10% Real Estate: Business
First Admitted: 1984, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.gilfix.com/attorneys/francis-a-la-poll/
- , AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- YMCA of the Midpeninsula, Chair of the Board
- Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority
- Palo Alto Senior Housing Project, Inc.
- Boards of the American Heart Association
- Stanford Law School, Stanford Journal of International Law, Editor-in-Chief
- Medi-Cal and Asset Preservation:1999 Emerging Trends, Co-Author
- "Vaporize Estate Taxes and Keep It All in the Family: The Family Limited Partnership", Author, 1992
- University of Virginia, B.A., Economics, magna cum laude, 1981
- Law Clerk, Hon. Procter R. Hug, Jr., U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 1984
- Pro Tem Judge, Santa Clara County, 1995
Office location for Francis A. La Poll
801 E Charleston Rd
Palo Alto, CA 94303
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023