Noreen L. Barcena
Top rated immigration attorney in Pasadena, CaliforniaBarcena Law Offices
Noreen L. Barcena is an attorney based in Pasadena, California, who concentrates her practice on criminal, family and immigration law. She is the founder of Barcena Law Offices and serves clients in Pasadena and throughout the Los Angeles metropolitan region.
Ms. Barcena handles all types of immigration, criminal and family cases, with a particular focus on clients facing criminal charges that may affect their immigration status. She and her employees at her firm are bilingual, which enables them to communicate effectively with a wide range of clients.
Over her career, Ms. Barcena has been involved in many complex immigration matters. She has substantial experience with the intricacies of immigration law and has argued before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit. In addition to her role as a private attorney, she serves as a daily settlement officer with the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles, Family Division.
After graduating from Pitzer College with a bachelor’s degree in psychology and organizational studies, Ms. Barcena earned her law degree from the University of La Verne College of Law. Following law school, she passed the California bar examination and obtained her license to practice law before all California state courts.
Giving back to her local community is important to Ms. Barcena. She serves on the executive boards of Casa 0101 Theater and Ferias Legales and is a former executive board member of the Mexican American Bar Association. She is involved with the American Immigration Lawyers Association and volunteers with Catholic Big Brothers Big Sisters of Los Angeles County and IMAHelps.
Practice areasImmigration: consumer, Criminal defense, Family law
Asylum, Misdemeanor, Custody & visitation, Domestic violence
- 60% Immigration: consumer
- 30% Criminal defense
- 10% Family law
First Admitted: 2012, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.attorneyb.com/team/noreen-l-barcena
- American Immigration Lawyers Association Southern California Chapter
- Mexican American Bar Association
- Pitzer College, Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology, and Organizational Studies
- Webb Schools of California
- Young Alumni Achievement Award recipient Noreen Barcena ’09 has been practicing criminal defense, immigration and family law since earning her JD from the University of La Verne College of Law. At Pitzer, she was a psychology and organizational studies major with a minor in Chicano studies. On learning of her selection as the YAA awardee, Barcena said: “I feel honored, and humbled because the award means that I’m at the beginning of a journey in my life and career. It gives me hope that my work is not in vain, and it fuels my passion to help my community through Ferias Legales, the organization my friends, colleagues and I founded. Immigration law is a constant uphill battle of trying to keep families together, helping people seek refuge from their countries, and standing up to constant criticism and backlash. This award is a reminder to me that I need to keep fighting for my clients, my community and my people.”, Young Alumni Achievement Award, Pitzer College, 2018
- Certified Immigration and Nationality Law Specialist, 2021
Office location for Noreen L. Barcena
2355 E Foothill Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91107
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2023
Find me online
- Did you know? That in California, you have rights to get "custody" of your pet in a Divorce/Dissolution proceeding.… https://t.co/hdh5vBdMHj
- As of today, Trump's over-broad "Public Charge" regulation been eliminated! If you are applying for residency, you… https://t.co/CnOiEi4rWE
- ¡A partir de hoy, la regulación demasiado amplia de "Carga Pública" de Trump ha sido eliminada! Si solicita la resi… https://t.co/rroqw9W9Pf